Peter Harper

hello from someone hopefully joining the rado group

Hi all

thought i'd say hello and introduce myself, names Peter and I currently have a Mk2 Golf 16v, but i've wanted a Corrado for a while, so I may be getting one

anyone clear up for me what the difference between the early spec and late spec, I know the dash has the old style switches and heater controls, but with MK2 golfs early and late means skinny or big bumpers, this the same for Corrado's?

any help would be great :D

Good choice for a corrado, although they are very addictive. Once you have one you won't want to sell it no matter how unreliable it may be!

As for the changes, I've owned corrado's for about 3-4 years now and I'm still finding differences between early and late version as well as VR6 and others.

bumpers are pretty much the same other than the early have fogs/indicators set back into the bumper and there swage lines are different. Interior is different, early have slider heater controls, late have twisty controls. Buttons are all different, clocks are different.

Early have dip in bonnet, later have a hump .

Theres loads of differences and plenty of topics on it but nothing as major as big bumpers/small bumpers like on mk2's.

cool, so not that much of a change bar the interior, can late spec parts be fitted to the early spec if I ever did need to replace anything? and can the late spec clocks be used on the early spec?

If I do end up getting one i'll post some pics up, i'm right in thinking that if it has a colour coded "corrado" badge, then it will be early spec?

cheers for the info

fully plan to mate lol, then i'm looking at getting an 8v 2.0 bottom end from a mk3 gti and doing a turbo conversion on it, the thought of a 16vT Corrado brings a smile to my face hahaha :smug:

Pretty much everything can be swapped but you just have to be careful with things matching and lining up, I've seen some mongrels about where people have swapped things about and they just look awful. Im not sure about the colour coded badge but obviously I wouldn't assume things havn't been swapped/modified.

I think late spec clocks can be used in early spec but don't quote me on it. Just have to make sure they have the right mph readings

Late corrado's have wider front arches so can fit wider wheels easier.

VR6's are widetrack and 5 stud, so possibly harder to get your wheel of choice for and much harder to fit wider wheels on.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

I have a mongrel with late exterior and early interior, it also has a colour coded badge so im not sure if that was exclusive to early cars.

I'm pretty sure late and early clocks are interchangeable but aren't all 1.8 16v's early, all 2.0 16v's late, all g60's early and all vr6's late? or am i completely wrong?

thanks for the warm welcome

I did end up swapping my Golf, so I now have a nice silver Corrado on my front, took some pics last night :thumbleft:

230228_10150624169975433_690145432_18789401_2952868_n.jpg

247083_10150624170075433_690145432_18789403_3753361_n.jpg

225198_10150624170180433_690145432_18789407_2333315_n.jpg

Now just to find some better looking alloys and an 8v bottom end so I can prepare for a 16vT :D

:) yea it does!! check this out,
also look at the others, ROCKET =====>

hahaha, I've been watching that, and then this one as well... it's like inspiration for the project