Alex_G60_Fanatic

Early PAS pipe

I'm after the high pressure pipe that goes from the power steering rack, round the gearbox into the power steering pump. It's the longest pipe and connects directly to the rack.

In good condition please!

Try the power steering store on ebay, guy remakes them and they are a lot cheaper than VAG at about £70 each.

dunno man, I need it for this weekend coming as i wont have this engine hoist forever. Will ask them how quickly they can get it to me.

You wouldn't know if a Mk2 pipe would fix would you?:shrug:

Also, is the pt number i need a LHD or RHD... they talking about the steering so lhd?

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

191422893 is the Golf

191422893 is the corrado... I think it's safe to assume that a MK2 item will fit. My mate has one i think, I'll ask him about it tonight

dunno man, I need it for this weekend coming as i wont have this engine hoist forever. Will ask them how quickly they can get it to me.

You wouldn't know if a Mk2 pipe would fix would you?:shrug:

Also, is the pt number i need a LHD or RHD... they talking about the steering so lhd?

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

191422893 is the Golf

191422893 is the corrado... I think it's safe to assume that a MK2 item will fit. My mate has one i think, I'll ask him about it tonight

I ordered a set for the rack on a Friday morning and they arrived Saturday in the post so they get them out fast enough.

As for LHD or RHD, you want RHD.

Rado ones seem to 535 part numbers, although you should be able to get any of them to fit ok.

I used a 2nd hand passat one on mine, golf one should fit, the golf uses the same engine blocks, engine mountings, racks and basically the same subframe so they should be the same length, the guy that does replacements on e-bay had an entry in the suppliers forum, said he'd give a 10% discount for forum users.