Rorgasm

Wheel Tart up

Despite the appalling weather this summer has to offer i managed to get a little tarting up done on my alloys (vw centers purchased on ebay):thumbleft:

Also sent the little lady off to get a new alarm & DVD/CD player plus cable routing fitted for some improved sounds.:geek:[ATTACH=CONFIG]47382[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47383[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47384[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47385[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47386[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47387[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47388[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47389[/ATTACH]

After rubbing the matt black down i applied a couple of coats of grey primer & then a few coats of satin black spray paint. Once the wheels were cured i used PU lacquer to protect the paint. Ideally could do with some more lacquer but I’ll wait till this sodding rain stops. All the spray paint was from Halfords (own brand), each can costing about £8 (2xprimer, 2xsatin black & 1x PU lacquer). How long the wheel will last i don’t know but if you’re looking to tart up your wheel there is special spray paint for alloys out there but not sure about the cost?? The most important thing is not to rush, apply the coats lightly & you should be ok.

Love this new rims mate a lot better than my attempt on them ;)

Nice to see her back on the forum, I do miss her :)

Keep the pics coming ;)

All the spray paint was from Halfords (own brand), each can costing about £8 (2xprimer, 2xsatin black & 1x PU lacquer). How long the wheel will last i don’t know but if you’re looking to tart up your wheel there is special spray paint for alloys out there but not sure about the cost?? The most important thing is not to rush, apply the coats lightly & you should be ok.

Should last a year but the primer should really be alloy specific. I did mine with the halfords standard paint (more choice of colours) but forgot to use alloy primer and the paint is starting to crack. Looks ok from a distance but ideally I'll have to rub down and start again.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

All the spray paint was from Halfords (own brand), each can costing about £8 (2xprimer, 2xsatin black & 1x PU lacquer). How long the wheel will last i don’t know but if you’re looking to tart up your wheel there is special spray paint for alloys out there but not sure about the cost?? The most important thing is not to rush, apply the coats lightly & you should be ok.

Should last a year but the primer should really be alloy specific. I did mine with the halfords standard paint (more choice of colours) but forgot to use alloy primer and the paint is starting to crack. Looks ok from a distance but ideally I'll have to rub down and start again.

Ill take a year Alex, by then ill have bought some new rims for her. Not gonna put myself threw the whole process again:smug: (don't hold me to that!!)

Glad you approve Sompy, did take a stupid amount of time to do but kept me from spend my money down the pub. The money saved went towards a Auto Glym kit so today ill shall mostly be getting rid of all the hair, dust, grime & grease that has found its way into the little lady. Was gonna send her off & get it done but you know what they say about if you want a job doing properly:shrug: Hope you had a good weekend in Bristol & it was too wet for ya.

Good work fella, looks tidy!!

On a seperate note, is it just me or do all cars just look so much nicer once you've sold em?

I miss all my rado's lol. I'm starting the stash parts for the next one though lol.