Roger Blassberg

VCDS-Lite

I'm considering getting an "Interface" (that is, something that you and I know as a cable!!) to enable me to use VCDS-Lite. Has anyone any recommendations as to which one to get? Does it enable me to do Basic Settings?

Thanks

Best wishes

RB

I've got an ebay cable and it works fine, can read error codes but autoscan will only let you do engine and ABS, so all I do is go into the individual modules and voila, can clear codes and read all the rest!

It's well worth the £7.79 plus £3.90 if you need the 2x2 adaptor.

I got mine just earlier this week and its been used on three cars with great results. (corrado 2.0 16v, lupo 1.4 16v and polo 1.4 16v)

Didn't work straight away, but with some help from swiftkid and some google searches it's saved a lot of headaches.

What basic settings do you want? It scans, you can clear error codes by going into individual modules and you can monitor how the engine is running but its free so expect that some settings are going to be withheld for the paid version

Swiftkid - Roger is referring to the function called Basic Settings ie when you reinstall an ecu or throttle postion sensor or other functions that require ecu adaptation. Basically the bit that makes active changes to the ecu as opposed to the measuring Blocks function which merely reads it.