n3p

BBS Solitude

After 1 BBS Solitude. Might consider a set depending on condition/price.

Cheers,

Nick

I have one brand new, boxed, never been on a car, solitude. Bought around 2002 and never used. Not sure on value but to be honest I would probably want quite a bit for it. I was keeping it in case I bought a Storm but having just bought a non-Storm I may consider selling it.

In 2002 I had a Golf VR6 Highline (same solitute alloys) and I kept it immaculate. My wife kerbed a wheel one day and she was so upset that she bought a replacement alloy that day from the dealers (it cost hundreds). I decided not to put the replacement on because the kerbing was quite light and it made more sense to keep until a wheel got badly damaged. But a few weeks later the house was burgled and the car stolen. So it has followed us from house to house ever since. It's sat in the original box and plastic wrapping in my loft and has probably only been out of the box a couple of times to look at it :)

I suppose it really depends on whether you're looking for a concourse alloy or something to get refurbed with the rest of your set?

EDIT: Oh and I'm just down the road from you for the double win (KT10 postcode - Claygate, Esher, Kingston area) :)

Edited by Portent

i have one bbs sollitude has a small dent on the inner edge which can be repaired.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind... Ideally just wanted a direct swap. How much would you want for it anyway? (inc. postage as you're quite far!) One of my alloys has cracked (not sure if it can be repaired)

I have one brand new, boxed, never been on a car, solitude. Bought around 2002 and never used. Not sure on value but to be honest I would probably want quite a bit for it. I was keeping it in case I bought a Storm but having just bought a non-Storm I may consider selling it.

In 2002 I had a Golf VR6 Highline (same solitute alloys) and I kept it immaculate. My wife kerbed a wheel one day and she was so upset that she bought a replacement alloy that day from the dealers (it cost hundreds). I decided not to put the replacement on because the kerbing was quite light and it made more sense to keep until a wheel got badly damaged. But a few weeks later the house was burgled and the car stolen. So it has followed us from house to house ever since. It's sat in the original box and plastic wrapping in my loft and has probably only been out of the box a couple of times to look at it :)

I suppose it really depends on whether you're looking for a concourse alloy or something to get refurbed with the rest of your set?

EDIT: Oh and I'm just down the road from you for the double win (KT10 postcode - Claygate, Esher, Kingston area) :)

The rest of my alloys are cruddy, would look funny with 1 mint solitude on! :D But how much is "quite a bit"? ;)

Hmm...perhaps I should use my cracked wheel as an excuse to get a new set of alloys? :norty:

Nick

Haha, will have a think and get back to you. But yes I think it might look odd with one brand new allow and the others in poor condition.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I'd probably want around £70 for the Solitude as it is literally boxed and new (albeit bought many years ago).

However I'll also draw your attention to a pair of refurbished Solitudes currently on ebay with no bidder. You'd probably want to consider these first:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/bbs-solitude-VW-Corrado-/200628454528?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item2eb6634480

(no they are nothing to do with me - I just think they are a better deal for you).

How about?

[video=youtube_share;cf7uJDhVZIE]

:norty:

Cheers for the reply, £70 a bit too steep for what I'm after (but good for a mint wheel) - the ebay ad looks promising, so I'll wait and see how it goes 8).

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick,

I've got a spare set of 4 Solitudes -- they range from the good to the pretty awful in terms of condition (two good, one not too bad and one quite corroded). I can send photos if you like. They have tyres: the two off the back have good tread but one has a slow puncture (I've not tried to get it fixed) and the fronts have low but still legal tread. I was going to get them refurbed but then picked up an set already done...

Cheers,

David

hi

the wheel has a small dent on the inner/inside dish of the alloy, which can be sorted and pulled out by a wheel refurb company , if your realyy keen on repairing it, it has a brand new tyre on it as well. i can remove this , and just send the alloy, i can get some photos of it , i also have 3 bbs center caps spare , not new but in ok condition.

i think postage for a wheel maybe 12 quid? depending on weight, i.e tyre included could be heavier. i can find out prices.

regards alex