Kempy

Water pump non OEM

I think I need to get a new waterpump fitted. Anybody use vwspares.co.uk are these Febi items any good? I could get a VAG one but I need to pay surcharge untill I get the old back to them. dunno if I can manage that on top of the new coolant, and other bits.

cheers

same as floppy. I bought my pump from VW. I might still have the details buried in the plum thread somewhere. IIRC the surcharge is not too steep.

For what engine?

As with any critical engine part, if you don't want to be waiting for the AA in a pile of steam, always go genuine.

I read a lot about water pumps on here. Do they just let go in a cloud of steam or are there tell tale warning signs over time? I'm quite happy to replace important bits when they need it.

I ordered it all from VAG/TPS got it all dirty cheap to :)

I read a lot about water pumps on here. Do they just let go in a cloud of steam or are there tell tale warning signs over time? I'm quite happy to replace important bits when they need it.

in my experience, water pumps let go causing coolant gauge and the oil temp on MFA to keep increasing until the car no longer runs. You'll get the steam when it gets really hot.

in my experience, water pumps let go causing coolant gauge and the oil temp on MFA to keep increasing until the car no longer runs. You'll get the steam when it gets really hot.

mines like this right now, definitely needs fixing asap. Parts were on the shelf to :)

fitted the pump today, came with all the seals to. Will they take back a pattern part? because the one I took off deffo isn't VAG. PS I think my main problem was the 8 inch of blockage in the hose from the bottom of the expansion tank which increased the pressure but a new vag pump fitted anyways. The blockage literally looked like a huge turd lol