Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

central locking just died

after closing the door yesterday on the drivers side the central locking has gone dead, so after taking the door card off realised that the vacuum pump had come off the central locking mechanism so put it back on, but it still isn't working. I'm thinking its a wiring problem as the central aint working from ant other lock now. it did work for a second when i had a fiddle behind the fusebox then went dead again. so is there any checks i can do to test whats working and whats not. thanks Bobby

Had a similar problem with mine a bit back.

Will the central locking work fron the passengers door?

If it will, then its the same as what happened to mine.

Wire fault.

Take door card off again.... then follow wires down from locking system into the bottom off the door, you will have to undo a few clips to get wire loom out. Remove the cloth rap off the loom and you should see two wire connected together here, red if i remember correctly, and only one wire running off to front of car, check this joint, with it been in the bottom of the door it can corrode badly and this wire is the main 12volt supply to all the locks and switches. cut joint out and solder together. should hopely be all singing.

Let me know how you get on.

Will help if i can.

Morph