Ajb83

Fan After Run

Hi all,

I've got a 95 corrado vr6, and i'm not sure when it happened but i've got no fan after run, i always used to. By fan after run i mean the fans running after i switch the engine off.... I've been through the definitive cooling guide and done the test on there and everything seems to work fine, so the finger of suspicion of a faulty yellow sensor.

The thing is I put in a new one (part no. 701919369d) when i changed the thermostat housing a year and half ago. This makes me doubt the issue is the yellow sensor.... anyone have any ideas? i also changed the radiator at this point, and the temp sensor in the radiator, and also the blue sensor in the thermostat housing....

I've also though the issue could be the fan control unit, but thought that as the fan came on with the ignition off when i jumped the connections in the yellow sensor plug that it couldn't be faulty? I've taken it out and its condition seems good, i.e. theres no brown burn marks on the underside like i've seen other have...

Is it likely that the original yellow sensor lasted nearly 15 years and the new one only a year and a half?

Thanks

Andy

same problem with mine . The overrun would not work .I replaced all the sensers, rad senser as well also because the fans were cutting in at the right temp but not cutting out until i turned off the engine, if i restarted straight away then it was back to normal , my overun now works strange yours dont .You havent mentioned the third senser ? mabe need to replace that one aswell Have a look back through the cooling guide to see what controls the overun .regards rob

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the yellow sensor controls the fan after run.. The black controls stage 3 fan, I've never got it hot enough for that to come on! And the blue is the ecu for fueling purposes...

- Is the 5 amp fuse OK in the top of the fan controller?

- Clean the engine connector (42 way), particularly pin & socket 9 - brown/white stripe.

- Clean/check 4 pin connector behind the fuse panel. Has a Black/red stripe wire and brown/white stripe passing through it. Brown/white stripe is the wire that is important.

- At the temp sensor connector, check the brown/green stripe wire goes to earth. The Brown/White stripe is the above going thro' to the fuse panel.

The circuit is live without ignition and will only switch on if the coolant temp has tripped the sensor.

After that, internals of fan controller, corrosion on wire connections?