Kevin Bacon

Standard VR6 valve springs

have got a spare head with the valves & springs in them - just no valve extraction tool though :( If you can suggest a way of removing them without the special clamp, i dont mind doing this.

Cheers Hasan. Yeah that is an issue isn't it, getting the springs out of the head!! There isn't really any other way to get them out that I know of!

Fairly sure I have a full set I removed when I refurbished my head, got 100K on though! You can have them for postage, assuming they haven't been lobbed.

What's your thinking for going back to standard?

i also have a full set you can have for postage if Jon can't sort you out.

Thanks Joni, I'll go with yours if that's OK as I imagine the postage is cheaper than from Ireland, but thanks Aide!

Did you want to stick em in the post and then PM me with how much to reimburse you with? I'll PM my address over.

The springs I have in the head currently are Schimmel ones (which I think are actually techtonics) and rated for 8000rpm. I never rev up there as the torque in my setup tails off just after 6800rpm, so may aswell stick the standards back in. I'm just doing some 'whilst the engine is out' jobs at the moment.