TheVims79

Porsche 944 RS3 Steering Wheel conversion =-)

Hi im new to this site and i wanted to replace the Stock Corrado Steering Wheel with a 1991 Porsche 944 RS3 steering wheel . Will that work? do i Need a Fitment Kit to make the 944 wheel to go on or will it just slide right in?

Thanks mate i appreciate it. Also do you know if that 944 steering wheel has an Air Bag or not? Most Regards to you :dance:

The 944 steering wheel is his passat has no airbag its the usual non-turbo 4 spoke wheel.

However, his dad has a later 903s steering wheel in his Golf G60. so I assume that era used the same spline type.

I can't recall what the wheel you have looks like???

Although I have seen many airbag steering wheels used in cars without the airbag being used so you should be ok.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Ah, think I know which wheel your on about now.

If its the one I'm thinking of, it has changeable boss kits, as long as you get the model for the 944.

The VW size (someone correct me if I'm wrong??) is 26mm in diameter as is the original 944 I think. The 944 could of had the smaller spline which early mk2 golfs (17mm), but that in that instance you can remove the adapter with a bearing puller.

Hope this helps.

Lockage. Please don't start multiple threads asking the same question. As this is an 'interior' question, we'll stick with the other thread in 'Interior' ;)