robo22sri

g60 with 150k on the clock

hi guys, i am going to go at look at a g60 at the weekend with 150k on the clock, it has had a SC has had a rebuild and some other new parts

is 150k alot of miles? and an issue for the engine?

many thanks

Rob

as above, your main worry will be the condition of the charger. Take a screwdriver with you and check the boost pipe from the charger for oil. Just attached via a jubilee clip. Also check the boost levels using this guide http://wiki.the-corrado.net/the_corrado_buying_guide_checklist.html

near the bottom of the page. That guide also gives other things to check for :)

the charger has just had rebuild not to long ago!

its running a stage 4 charger and pulley with matching chip

Also, with a car like that you want to make sure ancillaries, drivetrain, steering and suspension components have been looked at.

At 150k, some cars will start to have serious wear on bushes, waterpumps, radiators, water piping, brakes pipes, handbrakes etc etc.

These are easily over looked if they work, but are worn and are not easy or cheap jobs.

the charger has just had rebuild not to long ago!

its running a stage 4 charger and pulley with matching chip

stage 4 and 68mm pully means a service every 20k-30k. If it's been done before then then yeah, that shouldn't be a problem.

if the charger is maintaned properly and the oil change at proper intervals the engine will last well over 250k. mine had 352k on the clock before i changed it only because it was never rebuilt and was worried. Ive just stripped old engine to see what state it was in and i was very surpised to find very little wear(only big end and main bearing shells showed light wear and hydralic tappets had slight marks down their sides)Even the lip at the top of the bore was not even worth a rebore.

But like every car,depends on how it was treated.