Sideways Steve

Back in the VAG fold

Hello everyone !

Well I am new here but not to the VW scene.

Years back I used to be heavily into my VAG stuff and owned a few mk2 GTI's a bread van and a polo coup. However after attending various track days and car events with a local all marque club I was in, I was bitten hard by the japanese car bug.

I sold up my extremely tidy mk2 Golf I had at the time and bought myself a freshly imported Eunos Roadster (mx5 in the uk) and it all went downhill quickly from there when I turbo charged it and could not stop buynig upgrades and spending all of my hard earned to make it even faster !

Since that little Eunos I have now owned loads of high performance japanese metal, RX7's big power skylines, 3 Evo's etc etc but recently I proposed to my otehr half and we are set to marry next year. This meant it was time to be "sensible" or as sensible as I could be so I sold my 2006 Evo 9 and wanted to get something a bit more economical but still fun and something that would interest me.

Looking back to my VAG days (and with my partner still having a VW Beetle) I decided that was the way to go and after a bit of searching around I found a car I had always liked during the time I had my Golf's. Yes a Corrado !

I managed to find locally a slightly neglected but previously well maintanied Nugget Yellow Valver. After spending a couple of weekends getting it all back up to scratch I finally got it back on the road on Wednesday and I am super happy with it !

Its only covered 100,000 miles and has full VAG service history and a stack load of receipts for everything it has ever had done to it. I even have all the old MOT's and tax discs too along with the original books and all the keys.

I will start a proper thread detainling some of the things I had to sort out but as well as that there are still some other bits and bobs that I must still do to get it completely back to full health. Hopefully through my previous experiences I can add as much to this forum as I hope to get from it regarding my Corrado.

Im located in Glasgow so may see some of you around some time.

haha well hopefully you like mine, shes far from complete but is looking 100000000000 times better than she did after sitting outside in teh sun for 7 months untouched !

I have added pics to my other thread that I just started but here they are again. They were only taken in a hurry on my phone and I still hadnt set the suspension properly or cleaned the wheels but at least you can see the car overall untill I get some proper photos :)

3d98025c.jpg

9cc7130c.jpg

01316d29.jpg

7904f07b.jpg

7a48e6f6.jpg

Are those borbets 14" ... ? They look reaaallly tiny for some reason!

There 15's Jim, they look small in that photo but in the flesh now that the ride height is all sorted they actually look ok :)

On another note though where are you seeing the pictures Jim as I dont see the post I made with them anywhere ?

Edited by Sideways Steve

Try now mate - I hadn't realised they were still awaiting approval :)

I forgot to put a mention of this on the 'corrado spotting' thread...........I passed a nugget on the M8, on wednesday about 10-40am? close to eurocentral, you? were heading west while i was on my way to Edinburgh, in a gold Berlingo(works car). I'm sure that would be you as you got it from Bruce?

Anyway welcome mate :) Where abouts in Glasgow are you?

Hmm no cant have been me mate, Drove up to Aberdeen on Wednesday at about 7:30am and did'nt come back down until about 4:30pm

Yes I got the car from Bruce, awesome guy and I think he was genuinely gutted that it was going but he just wasnt able to sort it all out due to his bad back.

Im over in Paisley but my parents are from fife and I visit regularly so no doubt it will be spotted all over the place, it doesnt exactly blend into the background haha !

Edited by Sideways Steve

Paisley, just along the road from me, I'm in Mosspark, just beside Bellahouston Park............ Wullie is in Paisley too, he drives an early white 16v :afro:

Wow, Paisleys becoming a minor hotspot. There's a black VR6 hangs about the West End as well. Welcome to the forum and maybe see you about. Don't recognise the location from the pics.

Wow, Paisleys becoming a minor hotspot. There's a black VR6 hangs about the West End as well. Welcome to the forum and maybe see you about. Don't recognise the location from the pics.

So it would seem ! :) Those pics were taken just up from my house, I stay up the RAH end of town :)

Gotcha! I have been known to frequent the Craig Dhu which must only be a stones throw away. I'm over the other side of town close to Aldi's and extremely convenient for JR Volkswagen. Good place for repairs and advice. My only problem with Jim is getting the bill off him.

Frequent the Last Post more often now, better selection of ales and only half the price. Corrado stays at home though cos she's teetotal and doesn't approve of beer.