robrado974

grab handles painted

no biggy just wanted to show how they came up using halfrauds vinyl paint . Mine were covered in scratches by other owners holding keys while pulling the door to close it . They look 100% better .Will be doing all the plastics soon .

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

Very nice. I've been thinking of doing the same. How does it compare to what they looked like before... in other words does it look like the original finish or does it look painted? If you put the mirror switch in does it look out of place or ok?Did you prepare it or prime it before?

nice touch! will add that to the list of things to do.

Before they were faded by sun and marked as i said . Dont think they look painted [as long as you dont spray too thick or not enough drying time etc]. I put it on in thin coats and built it up ,they look natural. I put a post up a while back to ask how they were when the car was built , i knew plastic is plastic but you can have glossy ,satin, matt whatever from the factory . As for the mirror switch i masked up the left and right white bits . preparation was a good clean to get grease and polish off .regards rob

I have used the dark grey paint for the vents under the windscreen came up a treat, as long as there is no drips it really does look like new rather than just sprayed.

The grab handles are held on by two screws that are behind the plastic cover which is pictured in spray pic .No need to remove panels . regards rob

The grab handles are held on by two screws that are behind the plastic cover which is pictured in spray pic .No need to remove panels . regards rob

Cheers Rob I'll give it a whirl.