Tempest

Combined meet with SciroccoRegister at Beaulieu Museum 18/9/2011

Combined CCGB/SciroccoRegister meet at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu, New Forest http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu/index

Entry cost on the Sunday: £11.50, parking in the hardstanding area called the Arena, right next to the museum, perfect overview when on-board the raised monorail of our cars in the arena - ideal for photoshoots!

Saturday, 18/9/2011, start time around 10:00

Tempest

Edited by Tempest

WE should be going on Aug 29th - sounds a proper petrol head weekend.

B & B booked for Sat night 16/09/11.

Are we meeting up on the Sat evening ?

Are we meeting up on the Sat evening ?

Sure we can arrange something ;)

Tempest

Update:

Camping on the Beaulieu museum site now definitely cancelled due to lack of interest :(

Thus this event is now a daymeet on Sunday, 18/9/2011 from ca. 10:00 onwards till closing time of the museum.

At least 6 people from the German forum will be attending so far (maybe even 9), and 4-5 from the Dutch forum. Let´s give them a warm welcome :)

Tempest

Looking forward to this event and catching up with you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to check the diary but I'll try and get along..

Hope tyo catch up with you all soon.

Charlie

I'll be going to this good day out. See you all.

Has anyone seen Corzin (John) lately from bournemouth hasn't been on the site for months or at any meets.

Corozon (John) has his car off the road, broken again and I think he is getting very fed up with it.

So, I believe he is without any transport.

I did get a Joke email about 2 weeks ago, so he is around.

I'm looking to drive down to this, early, from Warwickshire. Anyone fancy convoying or meeting up on the way? :)

I'm looking to drive down to this, early, from Warwickshire. Anyone fancy convoying or meeting up on the way? :)

Which way are you going Jim? We are heading for Swindon and down through Salisbury.Setting off from Malvern around 7 30 am in Swindon around 8 30ish

(Taking the Mk1 Scirocco, the VR6 is getting there but still work to do) Mj

I was going to head down through Oxford as that's a more direct route but I'm willing to entertain detours.. going to cost a fortune in petrol whichever route I take!! :) I could pick you up on the A429 somewhere - like if there is a petrol station or something near Cirencester?

I was going to head down through Oxford as that's a more direct route but I'm willing to entertain detours.. going to cost a fortune in petrol whichever route I take!! :) I could pick you up on the A429 somewhere - like if there is a petrol station or something near Cirencester?

We will enter Cirencester on the A417, there's a Somerfield petrol station on the junction of the A417 A429.

Mj

Bunch of us already ramping up the proceedings Saturday evening (staying in local B&Bs) :)

Tempest

We will enter Cirencester on the A417, there's a Somerfield petrol station on the junction of the A417 A429.

Mj

That'd work.. see you there for about.. 8.00am / 8.15am on Sunday morning?

That'd work.. see you there for about.. 8.00am / 8.15am on Sunday morning?

No worries, see you there! .........anyone else want to meet up on the way? :cool:

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Bunch of us already ramping up the proceedings Saturday evening (staying in local B&Bs) :)

Tempest

I shall tip off the local law enforcement community! ;)

I'm guessing I'll spot a few of you heading down the M3 on Saturday morning...no speed cameras down there!

Hopefully someone will be able to cast an eye over my engine bay and help add to my huge list of faults that need sorting - you might have to promise not to laugh too much though :blush:

Stone

Bloody typical, now my bonnet release has gone! There's a tiny metal clip on the release handle which holds the outside of the cable - mine's snapped, so pulling the release just pulls the whole cable through from the engine bay. If someone's got one lying around I'd be eternally grateful if they could bring it to swap for some beer tokens :thumbleft:

Typical isn´t it: Bunch of older cars trying to meet up, and things going slightly wrong already :lol:

Next one up:

Dutch mate of mine from the Sciroccoforum NL arrived successfully, but has broken his alternator bolt (long one that attaches alternator to engine bracket) and belt on his Mk2 Rocco with power steering. If anyone happens to have these parts, pleasebring them down to Beaulieu tomorrow :)

Part numbers:

Belt needed: 054903137 9.5x865 mm belt

Bolt needed: N 0447591 allen key bolt M8x95

Tempest

Good day out at Beaulieu. Great turnout and as allways a pleasure to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones. Thanks Eric for the heads up on this one.

569094c3-1009-9273.jpg569094c3-102d-e3fe.jpg569094c3-1052-6eb7.jpg569094c3-1085-46f5.jpg569094c3-109b-cd33.jpg569094c3-10bd-c7d6.jpg569094c3-10e1-5254.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to catch up with some of the usual suspects, some friends from across the pond and some new faces.. very enjoyable day! Nice little museum and well worth £11.50 of anyones money.

Had a good drive back despite a little slow moving traffic on the M3... certainly was a heck of a lot quicker that way than the route I took this morning! Consider me educated!

Cheers all!

Good fun and lovely to see so many Corrados in one place! :) Quite gratified that the only other blackberry VR6 was also an auto...

It did make me want to replace everything with carbon bits though...must resist...!