P3rks

Where to buy PTFE spray for G60's?

I need to purchase some PTFE spray for my G60 (boost return mod), preferably before the weekend.

I know it needs to be a non silicone based PTFE spray, and done every few months/1000 miles.

From what I've found G-Werks is the only place that sell the stuff, but I need the spray before a long trip this weekend and I've lost all hope in their efficiency with previous dealings. Can anyone recommend a specific spray and where to buy it from? Links would be awesome.

Also, from my searches it has been mentioned that PTFE spray isn't actually needed as the apex seals are self lubricating and the PTFE actually builds up and blocks the ports, can someone actually clarify this? :scratch:

Thanks.

I have been trying to source this recently and don't have an alternative as yet...

There are Wurth outlets dotted around the place - you might have a local one; their sales reps are actually fairly helpful so check with your local person

http://www.wurth.co.uk/contact-salesman.php

The specific product you want is the HHS Grease (Long life spray with PTFE) - 08931067

http://www.wurth.co.uk/cat.php?section=all&search=grease

There are a few other options there, but I don't know which would be acceptable substitutes....

Sweet..

I'll give them a call, I work in the automotive industry so I might be able to get them el cheapo..

If I can who's be interested in some?

When I think about it, you can get it direct from the wurth UK office for about a tenner, plus P&P at £6 plus VAT - so about £20 a can... but that makes me sad to pay over £7 for postage. :sad:

I'll give you a shout later if I want some... I'd still need you to post it to me!

My mate's work has a Wurth account, so I'm seeing if he can source it for me first....

No problem. The Wurth salesman is popping to see me today at work so I'll get the prices etc and see what he says.

I'll keep the thread updated.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

The Wurth salesman has just been in.

£12.99+vat a can or it's £9.99+vat per can if I order 12. Then delivery of the products are £5.99 per order. So Andrew, your prices are right.

I'm happy to start a group buy if there is enough interest, but realistically after delivery it's going to work out £15 per can posted, so it's only a £5 saving. It all adds up though.

Where about are you located? I don't suppose your work is based anywhere as handy as my back garden even the kitchen? Logistically speaking that would work out well for me.

Sheffield unfortunately.

But like I say, I think £15 posted to your door is a realistic price I can achieve. I might even try and get my work to take on the VAT making it even cheaper.

We sell it on ClubG40. If you need it for the weekend then Pete who has it lives in Penistone if you are in Sheffield. PM PeteG40 on there to see if he has any and is free.