Ruck

Getting it on Saturday... what to do first???

Well nearly there... getting my 16v on saturday.

Question is - are there any 'musts' or top tips for the car??

Never bought a car this old before... and really looking forward to the car, and having it a while.

Read a bit about cack headlights... so that might be the first upgrade im thinking... new bulbs?

What to do first ?. well i would ride around for a long time in it with a great big smile !. Then i would order all the parts you need for a service [does not matter what someone else has done it its nice to do it yourself]. As for the headlights along with the wipers yes they are a bit umpty. Kurzy on here will see you right for an uprated loom for the lights .regards rob

Makes the headlights brighter, the standard lights are pretty rubbish.

The wipers are best replaced with Lupo units as they give a better sweep etc too.

Failing that just get used to driving and enjoying it :)

Or a bottle rain x if your budget doesnt stretch so far ;)

If its a late valver consider the KR cams, quite cheap and transformed my valver!

Hello, first thing to do is enjoy it. Then on the following day get under it and have a really good look at how the years have treated your car. Then if you've got any questions return to here where a lot of peeps are more than happy to help you with your new/old car. :D

I've thought about the KR swap but what are the advantages? More power at lower or higher revs?

Mk1 Audi TT wipers are significantly better than the Lupo ones so well worth looking into :)

Hello, first thing to do is enjoy it. Then on the following day get under it and have a really good look at how the years have treated your car. Then if you've got any questions return to here where a lot of peeps are more than happy to help you with your new/old car. :D

I've thought about the KR swap but what are the advantages? More power at lower or higher revs?

Higher Revs. Completely changed my car above 3k revs. The best money i spent on my valver easily. Search for KR cams on here, you'll find many many threads on it!

Bizarrely i have a friend who works for kent cams... wonder if i get a special deal of him?

Though wife is going to kill me... this was supposed to be a case of me buying a car to save money!!

yer always little and big jobs too be done but worth it.had 2 people this week say how nice mine looked.that puts a smile on ya face

Though wife is going to kill me... this was supposed to be a case of me buying a car to save money!!

Hahahahaha...good luck with that! Seriously! (but it's worth it, just dont tell the wife!)

What the hell are parcel straps.. and why do i feel the urge to buy some as well???

Def need a new rear badge though.. want a nice new shiny one.

Parcel shelf straps are rubber straps that connect the parcel shelf to the mounts on the boot lid and lift the parcel shelf up when the boot opens! They often perish/snap, hence the need to buy new ones!

Parcel shelf straps are rubber straps that connect the parcel shelf to the mounts on the boot lid and lift the parcel shelf up when the boot opens! They often perish/snap, hence the need to buy new ones!

You get them from the stealers?

Hi ya seriously man...enjoy your ride first...as per everyone has commented....for me Robrado has it ...complete service items Oil, power steering fluid, gear box fluid, coolant, plugs, filter, fuel filter...brake fluid...in fairness I picked up mine with a full service history BUT... still did all the above and honestly they needed doing irrelevant of how recent the services had been...easy jobs and really brings peace of mind to know your all clean and running fresh fluids...All the best with your motor fella.

Bones

Cheers guys!! Im really looking forward to getting my hands dirty on this car - so prepare for a stream of 'well i just broke me ...' posts!!