Pat_McCrotch

Oh crap, no speedo!

Cleaned my engine bay with that gunk stuff earlier today (nightmare as it ended up stripping the OEM wax stuff they put on at factory!). All seemed well until a mile down the road my speedo went up and down a few times and then stopped working.

Assumed it was some water in a connecter and it would dry out by the time I restarted a few hours later.

Fast forward a few hours. Speedo working again for another mile when it does the same fluctuation and stops working again! :(

Engine bay wise I think the speedo gets a signal from the gearbox sender. So I guess the connector needs some electrical cleaner or a the sensor is up the swanny.

Any ideas? :(

that would be my bet too... had the same issue last week after cleaning the engine bay after doing my boost delete... had to soak the sender in circuit board cleaner to get it back working... must have been loads of water in there some how

Yes, its the connection on the gearbox rear side on the diff housing by the RH drive shaft. Hall sender. Black tower type item. Water probably got into the wire side of the connector cos of the little plastic sheild for the wires acts like a little reservoir.