Sign in to follow this  
dubboy

Chipping G60's

Hi i've just joined the supercharged world with my corrado, i have had a stage 4 by jabba and was wondering what the advantage of chipping was. I hant had a smaller puller etc so would i recive any benifit :(

I thought the Stage 4 Jabba included a 68mm pulley and chip?

"chiping" or remapping the ecu is done to work in harmony with the smaller pulley on the supercharger "68mm usally" the re-map changes the parameters of the ecu adjusting fuel/air etc to suit the new extra boost the charger is now putting out due to the smaller pulley...

note. after spending the day with jeff (ex amd) remapping our project 16vg60 an of the shelf chip is not allways the best way to go about this..

a simple way to explain this would be to say..buy a one size fits all t-shirt,sure it will fit everyone but??? will it fit everyone aswell as each other ?

I know people when writing these genirec chips take most senerios into consideration and they are very GOOD but imho if your budget will run to it get a custom remapp done specificlly for you car

just my 2p's worth.(proberly with a bit of a fry'd brain after standing next to our corrado punching out nearly 300lbs of torque on the rollers all day even with a fuelling problem ) :lol:

8vg60 is correct, generic of the shelf chips aren't as good as custom remaps. However, the difference between a good "of the shelf chip" and a remap would probably be 5-10 bhp at most depending on engine mods. You have to remember that custom remaps are simply a base code tweaked at some load points to get the best possible from the motor.

We write maps for specific mods and then tweak on customers choice and feedback. 8)

so even without a smaller pulley, i'm going to get a benefit from my car?? as the only other performance upgrade is a supersprint exhaust system.

(sorry for being a bit dumb on this but last car was a sportline cab so the supercharger area is new to me)

the chip and pulley usally go hand in hand do both at once aslong as you dont go under 68mm you will not damage the g-lader ...