winchbietch

If you had the choice would you go schrick obd1 or 2?

As above with reasons why please.

What would be best for my setup, giving the most torque or bhp

Currently obd2 but i have no problem swapping back to obd1

Likes of obd2:

Slightly smoother engine

Slightly better mpg

more responsive feel - although its running a lightened flywheel so who knows

engine not trying to almost stall at junctions etc..

less cluttered engine bay

Dislikes:

Throttle doesn't shut off straight away so in traffic etc your on the brakes rather than just using clutch control

Not the same raw funness of the obd1

Buzzing throttle body

Edited by winchbietch

not many cons really...stick with OBD2 no matter what set up you got! also i had no low speed throttle problems with my OBD2 set up,also i noticed that the throttle body corroded inside so worth pulling cover off and checking.

Not too sure what the question is - is it between a standard OBD2 and a Schrick'ed OBD1, or do you want a Schrick on the OBD2?

If the latter, I'd go OBD2 every time - there's a fair bit of money to spend when going the Schrick route so it's something you want to get right first time. If you go OBD1 with a Schrick and decide you want to switch to OBD2 later then you'll need the OBD2 throttle body adaptor and another remap.

Just currious really, bought a schrick and have the option of getting it with obd1 or 2 throttle mount.

My only other thoughts were If i went obd1 i could sell my obd2 setup complete and recoup some of the money

If I had the choice, then it would be Schrick and obd2. Cams and remap and you prob have about as good a naturally aspirited setup as you can get.

lol

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

If I had the choice, then it would be Schrick and obd2. Cams and remap and you prob have about as good a naturally aspirited setup as you can get.

I hear you.

I have the offer of buying both throttle mounts and if i didn't like the obd2 route i could always change lol

One of those indesisive moments lol