P3rks

Weitec Coilover Spanner Question..

I have some Weitec coilovers which came on my Corrado.. The car didn't come with the C-Spanner.

I have a generic C-Spanner which doesn't fit at all because these coilovers have a plastic adjuster ring which has rounded grooves in.

Do the Weitecs have a specific C-Spanner or...?

Any help would be appreciated.

Think they are the same as the KW's, rather than having a square end they have a rounded end to fit on the collar. Possibly have an allen key that screws in to secure the collar as well.

Like in this pic [ATTACH=CONFIG]49070[/ATTACH], sorry can't help where you get them from

Yep, exactly the same as them.

I did see the little allen key.

So I will need a KW/Weitec specific C-Spanner with a rounded end then? I'll contact Weitec.

Yea, to be honest if they don't look too bad you might be able to get away with a bit of wd40, wire brushing and turning them by hand.

Rattly.. :awesome:

Not to bad at all actually.. Very stiff but not bone crunching. No bangs or clenching my arsehole when going over bumps or pot holes which is always a good sign.

Well standard suspension is rattly on Sheffield roads! Sounds encouraging though, the missus wants it lowering a tad but I dont want to kill the ride completely.

Well standard suspension is rattly on Sheffield roads! Sounds encouraging though, the missus wants it lowering a tad but I dont want to kill the ride completely.

Well you're more than welcome to come for a spin if you like?

You the samG40 from club polo with the White G40?

I can adjust my weitecs by hand. Greased them up and they spin really freely when adjusting them!

I don't have a C spanner either, watch you don't round off the allen screw when undoing them, they are brass, and tend to get seized into the bodies of the collars pretty easily!

Tried that, but they are all covered in crap, I wire brushed them but I can't get the the bit right next to the plastic sleeve. Booo..

Well you're more than welcome to come for a spin if you like?

You the samG40 from club polo with the White G40?

Hmmm might have to take you up on that!

Yeah thats me although the white one hasnt seen the light of day for nearly two years. I'm running a grey one at the moment.