bmcc

Best discs and pads for g60

Going to order some brake discs and pads, was going to get ebc grooved discs and redstuff pads.

anyone know of any better alternatives? or possible upgrade in size etc?

Brembo 305's off an early ibiza cupra (4 stud)

Or 288's off a late vr6, (5 stud) bit more complicated to swap over, thread on here by daves16v iirc.

Id tend to reccomend drilled and vented rather than grooved as they munch pads like nothing. Red stuff are good, ferodos are better.

All depends what cash you have to burn.

You used to be able to buy a kit from Badger 5 came with 305 discs and brembo calipers and all hardware to fit them ! 305 discs are 28mm thick !

For the Seat setup you need the lot - used to be £350 for everything from Seat but now much more expensive...

If you're sticking with the standard 280mm setup just buy genuine VW discs - nothing lasts like these, especially with uprated pads!

For the Seat setup you need the lot - used to be £350 for everything from Seat but now much more expensive...

If you're sticking with the standard 280mm setup just buy genuine VW discs - nothing lasts like these, especially with uprated pads!

This!

so stick with standard vag discs and uprate pads then? which would be best i always thought ebc red stuff were good, dont really know of any other types, heard of ferodo ones in past tho to be good

Got Red Stuff pads all round on my vRS and hate them! No where near as good as the standard pads imho. They're hard wearing, but have no initial bite whatsoever. Would never get them again.

As for discs, standard VW as mentioned above are perfect. Best discs I've had though are Black Diamond Grooved. Had them a couple of times and they are superb IMHO. The 'standard' Brembos that GSF sell are also good.

irvine
ok im in killie we will need to bump into one another some time!i also have a g60.are you going to the doune meet?

The ferodo ds2500 are the dogs danglies.

Worked wonders on my g's stopping ability.

Make sure you tell them its the brembo ones your after, they will give you anything that fits.

Same with most things at gsf, if you want a specific make then tell them when you order.

not that i know of. ring vw or go to your local dealer.

they were about £38 for the pair when i last got them. a bit over a year ago so may well have gone up by now.

tell them your in club gti to get 10% off.

Ok cool i will deal with that when im home, offshore at moment :(

was thinking i have got good few quid to spend on car, so is there any easy upgrade to do? fitting bigger discs and calipers? Found out bit of info about car and has had wee bit done to charger etc and will be trying to squeeze more out of the engine in due course, so maybe got time to upgrade the brakes just now in preparation

Have 17 oz superleggeras on it just now, which im wanting to change, probably stick with 16/17s if possible