Ian Simpson

Corrado Heating Matrix

Hi All,

I'm a new member from Scotland up in Aberdeen.

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the Heating Matrix in their Corrado and if it is a hard / time consuming job to carry out?

I still need to investigate to see if it is actually the heating matrix, but i'm gathering it is.

As the car started using a lot of water, then i found the driver side floor flooded.

Any thoughts / help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks Ian

Hi Ian

When I started researching for my C, that seemed to be the first thing people warned me about, water in footwell means heater martix, i think it might be a nightmare as you have to take out the steering column/ dash.

x

It is possible to do it with the dash in, just very fiddly.

There is a great guide on here somewhere, and on the canada site.

In all honesty i think everyone on here has had a matrix to do at some point, was the firstthing i did to mine! Im amazed theres any left without new matrixes by now lol

Hi Stella

Thanks for the reply, Yea i kind of thought as much. Hopefully i should manage to carry out this myself.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Hi Meth,

Thanks for the tip i'll have a search for the guide and hopefully get it sorted out.

Think mine needs doing to along with many other things!!!

Yours looks ace too, check out mine too :) I love my car but did get major funny looks when I pulled up at school, I am the coolest teacher !!

Cheers for that Southie,

I'm out in Baku for 6 weeks of work, so will get that sorted when i get home.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Defo the coolest teacher in your Corrado, love it

That guide is fantastic but wouldn't dare attempt that, how much do you think it would cost to get done?

Where is Baku?

i must be one of the few who has never had the matrix replaced :D Its about the only bit that has worked throughout the last 20 years of its life with no replacing

i must be one of the few who has never had the matrix replaced :D Its about the only bit that has worked throughout the last 20 years of its life with no replacing
That's tempting fate a little.

Well it's about the only thing I haven't had to do yet... Keep an eye on my build thread for a cosworth FMIC coming in the next few weeks

Seems like a daunting task, but in all honesty. I'd just say, make sure you have lots of sticky labels and plenty of patience and you'll be fine.

Me n the missus did the one in my old C, probably took us about 10 hours in all (with a weeks gap waiting for a new black dash to arrive), start to finish.

As we took the dash out, we labelled every switch/wire etc so we knew where it went when we had to reconnect it all.

It is handy having a spare pair of hands though. If you'd been local,

I'd have offered to give you a hand.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

You can get the heating matrix core for around £20, so its just a case of my own time doing the job.

Baku is out in Azerbaijan. Got 3 weeks off when i get back so the car should be up and running again.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

My Mate is going to give me a hand when i get back, he is a big VW head and carries out nearly all the repairs on his cars himself.

so hopefully he'll keep me right.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Will keep a eye out for the build, the G60 engine in mine is out and replaced with a Audi S3 engine.

The car is running at around 365bhp at the fly wheel and 315 at the wheels.