Kempy

9a throttle body?

hi all

Got a bit of a back fire on run off and that kinda problem. I wondering where this switch was, Ive been told it could do with an adjustment.?

Edit : what am i I missing here?

thanks

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

Pics would be great :)

Edited by Kempy

I might have an old 9A throttle body or two spare in my garage. I'm heading over there this weekend so if you get no updates, I'm happy to dig one out for some pictures for you.

The plug for the potentiometer should be in the gold bit and the cable for it should be through the top bit, its the other end of the black wire in picture 2..................I remember taking this plug out when i swapped the potentiometer on mine but couldn't get it back in...........looks like that might have happened to yours?

the wire that starts in the bottom of the throttle body was plugged in to 3 pin coming from the bulkheadDSC_0121.jpg

so idont have a potentiometer?

No you DO have one...............its the black box attached under the TB , the black wire in pic 2 is it. The male and female plugs you have shown should be connected, the potentiometer end should be housed in the gold bracket on the side of the TB

Ok, Here are a couple of pics which might help............The yellow arrow shows the wire coming from the potentiometer(you cant see the plug) and the green arrow shows where the plug should sit on the TB, the big red arrow shows the plug the potentiometer plugs into.........phew :)

Pic 2 is TB removed from car, showing the wire better but not really showing where the plug should locate

cool so theres nothing thats wrong its just the routing of it.. I only noticed this today, my worry was the overrun initially because I had problems recently with the car. I described the symptoms to a friend and they said it could be the overrun cut off switch? the car sounded like it was rapidly misfiring and alot of a unburnt fuel was getting burnt and backfiring.

dont really know what I talking about tbh lol.. just that my mpg is getting a bit pants and idle is to. I hate ke montronic :(

Were the 2 plugs connected or loose?, Only asking as it was the engine side plug that was at fault for my poor idle, kangarooing etc.................2 of the 3 wires were broken but the plastic sheathing was intact

Worth giving the wiring a wee check anyway, my poor running, erratic idling, occasional kangarooing was instantly gone after i'd repaired that plug, that was after replacing fuel metering head , fuel pump , distributor, isv , leads , plugs , potentiometer , throttle body , ignition switch.........and it was only 2 broken wires :)