Pat_McCrotch

What are your Corrado costs to date....

Ever since I got my VR in January i've put every bill into a service wallet (this is in addition to the one from the last 15 years).

I'm tempted (but also scared!) to add it all up as I reckon it'll be around £3,000 :p And the car looks standard, lol.

Has anyone added there running costs up and what are you running at so far?

I've had the car since Dec 2005.

My folder of receipts exceeds £12k and I've stopped counting now!

Edit: this excludes the purchase price of £2k and my car is still pretty shabby paint and bodywork wise

Edited by Slimg60

I reckon i'm well into 50k over the last 12 years or so but that include purchase of 3 cars too :/

paid £500 for the car and price ive paid on stuff so far is

£5 on sorting the oil leak

£180 on the coils

£20 on spacers

£390 for exhaust

£200+ for tax

£170 on tyres+fitting(all 4)

£30 on longer wheel bolts

£90 on hub and bearing with fitting

those prices are with fiting lol

subframe £200 + cheap trolley jack....fitted it alone and bumper was £40

alone its about a grand + but work apart from the subframe etc was paid to a garage at a rate of £40 an hour.....................what an idiot iam lol

Hi - Got mine in January too and since then...

Mileage 4783

Fuel 925.52

Running Costs

Insurance: £260

Tax: £205

Tyres: £0

Servicing: £222

Running Costs £88 - Battery and manual

Repairs: £1,672 - front top mounts, ABS unit overhaul, front bearings, wiper arm (it broke), speed sensor for speedo

Upgrades: £127 - headlamp upgrade, lupo wipers, eyebrow

Ouch!

but hey, it's fast, fun, does over 30mpg, puts a smile on my face

D

I don't even want to know. It's certainly what drove me to getting a sensible daily!

My reciept box has done its usual hiding trick... have the receipts from the last week... totaling £642.

some of this was undoing work done by a garage... asked them to change my belts and pulleys... they ended up doing my charger one too :shrug:

I only found this when going for a 'quick drive' a week later and the car felt veery sluggish ad was developing nowhere near enough boost... got it in the workshop and checked the pulley size... 78mm :scratch: thats another £75 down the drain to get a new pulley and belt from gwerks :bonk:

Not added it up but must be around £2k since I bought it in may. That's on various parts including roof trim, steering wheels, engine and gearbox mounts (still to fit), various service parts, spare gear knob, several replacement bits of trim, new cat 1 alarm and a set of recaros.

on this vr, and since i got it two years ago £4,005.44 exactly - i'm a saddo that keeps a list too!

i'm fairly pleased with that, although it excludes tools, but then they keep 3rd party labour costs down is what i tell myself.

Not including fuel, tax, insurance I've spent just shy of £1,500 on servicing and upgrades, etc on the VR6 and that's been over about 16 months. I spent something like £4,000 on the 16V whilst I had that.

It's not the cheapest of hobbies :(

I'd love to know what i've spent over the years, I really don't think it would actually be that much though for what I've owned.

I've always bought parts when they've come up cheap rather than when I've needed them and sold stuff whenever I've needed something else.

Having said that TPS and GSF both know me by first name and I'm on such good terms with G-werks now that Darren came to my wedding, so maybe I'm kidding myself! :scratch:

I done it on my valver before selling it and it added up to the best part of £2500 and that didnt include things I've bought off the forum

The VR is probably going to mash that in one job :afro:

All these are approximations

G60: £1000

2.0 16v: £650

VR6: £1250

2.0 16v: £150

VR6: £1300

2.0 16v: £1250

VR6: £850

1.8 16v: £1000

VR6: £1000

VR6 Storm (current): £100

All in, prob around £9K, although could well be more!

All relative though. Works out at around £1K a year, but they make up for it in the way they beat depreciation better than most other cars. I lost £400 on the G60 when I sold it, but all the others have at least held their value when sold. The Focus we had for a year cost around £750 in repair bills and depreciated by around £500. The Octavia vRS we bought new for £13500 ish. After 6 years it's depreciated by around £10K! However, it's only cost around £1K to maintain.

I must of spent over 6k on mine over a period of 10 years which is good considering iv`e spent over £1200 on my TT in 10 months! Cars= expensive hobby

Bought the car Feb 2010 and so far costs are as follows (what i can remember at the moment):

£2800 - Purchase of car

£1200 - Rebuilt head, chains some other bits.

£1100 - Rebuilt standard suspension, front bushes, gearbox mount.

£300 - 288mm brakes

£600 - New PAS pipes, rear axle bushes, heater matrix, heater controls

£330 - New clutch fitted.

£100 - BMC induction kit.

£100 - Random 'spare parts'

Total £6,530. Thats in 18 months. Only thing i would change is NOT buying the first VR i went to see (heard the noise and couldn't help myself).

3600 purchase

120 service

40 mot

210 tax (I think?)

70 tyre on 15s

650 speedline 17s

240 tyres on 17s

200 coilovers

100 speakers and soundproof

Total 5230 in 13 months but respray coming in next 2 weeks so will rise...

I don't feel half as bad reading through some of these posts..

But so far since March this year I've spent:

Car Purchase £1500

New Alloy wheels £400

Coilover Suspension £175

Full Service £60

MOT £30

Head Gasket set and Chains, tensioners and guides £200 (Parts only) - Labour to be arranged after current issues..

I've actually spent £2365 - Doesn't sound half as bad as I feel it's been!

Although I am lucky to work where I do (A certain European Car Parts Company) and get the parts a hell of alot cheaper than most would..

Edited by Jayjay2580