8vMatt

Interest in Carbon Front Wings??? Pics of Non Corrado Parts Delivered to me.

any news on these?

I've not progressed this yet as I've been waiting to make sure there are no fitment issues with the parts I've had in. This will give me the answer in the next week or so. I expect them to be fine. Once everything is sorted I will move on with it with the manufacturer. Cheers for your interest mate.

Will the lips be present or not? I'm assuming you cant just roll carbon arches lol.

The company I used for the other parts haven't proved to be upto the job. The look and finish is very good but the fitment caused issues. I don't want to take a risk with them for these wings.

Sorry guys, back to the drawing board.

I'd be down for making them but I don't think cost wise it would be in the price range that would make everyone happy. Tooling for infused composite parts is not cheap plus you need two molds that are of fair size and probably multiple pieces. The parts themselves would be a bit costly too. I've seen no mention of prices in here but good quality composite parts in low volume aren't cheap. This is a very low volume part so the tooling costs can't be absorbed as easily.

Fiberglass/glass fiber would be much more cost effective and work well. Tooling is about half the cost and the parts would be less as well.

One problem with having parts made in China is they don't have a Corrado there to use for fitment. Its not like once the mold is finished they can take the first part out of the mold and check fitment on a car before going ahead with production.

Id be interested in some fibre glass wings. Like the idea of carbon, but cant justify the cost for them.

Whats the ball park figure for tthe fibre glass front wings?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the continued interest through this process. So the Chinese company proved to be a false dawn but I'm not one to give up at the first hurdle!

This is where we are at the moment. We are working together with a company specializing in Carbon and Kevlar construction. This is not going to be a garage workshop project. We are taking the necessary time to make things work out properly and that means a long time working on the molds. We are looking to add a little twist and accomodate you guys who would want to run with slighter wider wheels. But keep the original looks also. No details at this time but thats the plan. No pricing details as its too early in the process. I'm sure fibreglass canbe looked into if the demand is there.

Watch this space......but it might be a while :bonk::thumbleft:

Matt,

Sounds promising! I'm sure I speak for most when I say thanks for all your efforts in trying to tee something up as it seems to be proving quite difficult at the moment.

Bonnet could be something to look in to as well, especially for weight saving!