emu

Audi Allroad wired insurance ??

Personally can't really understand that so maybe somebody can explain it.

Been looking for winter car and thinking about audi allroad once again as was perfect last winter.

Sold my 2.7T because of insurance renewal which was 1250 pounds but this year was looking at diesels and there is a problem.

I can insure X reg for 430 pounds but found yesterday 02 plate very close to me and almost bought it but checked insurance just in case and lowest what I can get is 980 pounds so question is.

Why are they asking 550 pounds more for 2 years younger car ??

Only the underwriter will know why this will be - and they are unlikely to share it, but when you look across a huge array of data you start to see trends, and correlations - this is what creates the various ratings factors that insurance companies use. They use past measurements to predict future risks.... a bit of a flawed forecast method on a case by case basis but works given the scale it is applied... to make sense of it you need to be objective, and de-personalise the situation - they do not really create a quotes for you; they assess what pre-defined and pre-quoted banding in the risk spectrum you fit into

In this case it could be that there is a curve or trend between age of car and likelyhood of accident - which sort of makes sense - we are less likely to crash our old corrados as they have become cherrished, but equally I drive my new car carefully because its the most expensive thing I own.... somewhere in the middle though might be driven more carelessly...

I guess that doesn't answer exactly why the insurance is 125% variance between quotes, but when you cross correlate and compound multiple effects as above, you could find maybe the specific combination of that car being more unlucky in that area, being driven by someone in that agegroup who works in that tpe of profession etc etc even though all you have done is asked for a quote on a car thats two years older...

all that being said, it does seem weird!!!

Just checked today another 02 plate allroad less equipment than previous one and price was even worst, cheapest 1183 pounds :(

I will better start looking for winter tyres on Corrado

That doesn't make sense - same model, same year, different insurance rate???

I can't see why the later ones would be so much more than the early ones either. There was a minor facelift for 2002 model year (2001 reg), but its just cosmetic. There's nothing that would cost lots more to fix than the early ones.

If you're looking at 2.5TDI models (which I'm pretty sure is the only diesel Allroad) then pm me for some very important info on checking the health of the engine :)

Edited by mikkijayne