sexybourbon

name me some nice motorsport wheels

As the title suggests really im not asking you to pik me a wheel like im a child that cant make my mind up lol but just to remind me wats out there im looking for comps , speedline , and stuff like that and they have to be 5x 100 goodness

Tanks

If you want light weight and motorsport themed - Team Dynamics Pro Race 1, OZ Ultraleggera, BBS LM (very rare in 5x100 though), etc etc

Speedline and Compomotive are big fat heavy sods.....

I have been looking at the team dynamics i had a search of the forum but once again i couldnt find much so decided that i must have made it up in my head that they was a good wheel

I always thaught that comps was going to be a nice light wheel

After making my valver all wide and low now i have my vr just want it looking nice on something that looks oem ... Ish ll wide and low now i have my vr just want it looking nice on something that looks oem ... Ish

I think it depends what Compomotive wheel you go for, If you go for a true motorsport wheel then you'll get something pretty light, like my CX-R's.

Ill have a look at the cxr's not sure wich ones they are i love rota grids ( think thats the right name ) but can you get them in 16s as i dont want to go any bigger then that really ! After running 9s all round i just want a car that handles well and does not rub lol

There close but Id be surprised if they were lighter, did you weigh them? They are light for 17's. Lightest wheels Ive had by a long way were the Team Dynamics ProRace1.2's.

RCs are 7.5Kg IIRC. My 17" ProRace 1s with Continental Sport contacts were over a kilo lighter than an OE Speedline with budget 15" tyre!

How much would you be looking at for the rotas they are a very nice wheel do you have any issues with rubbing though as im trying to avoid any clearence issues

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Seem like alot of these wheel choices arw hard to find in 5x100 , i cant afford to buy brand new as i need to pay for the car first lol so its gonna be ebay for a second hand set

How much would you be looking at for the rotas they are a very nice wheel do you have any issues with rubbing though as im trying to avoid any clearence issues

Not sure really, they were £850 with tyres new 1 year ago, the only rubbing is fronts at speed with big dips in the road, but the car is very low

I second that of MarkFoster, as I have the same, and they a really light. So much that you have to lift them compared to another set of 17! * 7,5" to really believe it. Great quality and ball polished too.

OZ ultraleggera may be as light? Compomotive in magnesium, but they have an expirery date and is very sensitive to weather.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49448[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Redfox.