Bs6VR6

missfire mystery?!

Hey guys,

Only been a member for a while, and have used the search but couldn't find anything specific to my issue, so thought one of you might be able to help.

Being close to pay day, money's a tad tight and I stupidly ran my car in or around red for a couple of days. well its developed a pretty appalling missfire and was wondering if that might have something to do with it. I've sinse topped it up to quater of a tank but its still there, right through the revs.

A little history:

Its allready had a new coilpack, magnecor blue leads, plugs and full service about two months ago, so fuel filter is new.

Coil was replaced because It had developed a bad missfire before, so did coil, leads and plugs and this solved the issue. untill now.

Side notes:

It has missfired before when the fuel gets low, however in the past filling it back up immediatly remedied this.

Often if its warm it has to turn over quite a bit before it bangs into life

Doesn't seem to missfire at all from cold, only when it warms up, so i was thinking possibly fuel related as my understanding is it runs rich during the warmup phase, is this correct?

Anyway, any ideas or common problems to check would be great.

Thanks,

Max,

Try this thread

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?48545-Poor-idle-and-running-when-cold&p=749638#post749638

Also, if you do have muck in the tank it could be restricting the pump flow. It could be that in the past adding fuel has dislodged it, but this time not. I'm saying could be.

Read through that thread but seemed to be the reverse of what i have, their issues seemed to be prevelant during cold start, getting better as the temperaure increases. mine seems fine during cold start, the misfire seems to start as the engine warms up. also struggels to start when warm, wheras cold, no issues whatoever.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also am i likely to do any damage driving it with a misfire as its my ownly car and I need to get about untill I fix the problem. Its got a straight through s/s exhaust, so no cat to worry about?

regards,

max,