yacobwood

Fuel filter

Brought a fuel filter from euro car parts for my 16v but when I shake it there is something rattling inside. Is this normal??

2bdc3729.jpg

If you put a new filter on it, then get new washers for the banjo bolts either side. For the pennies they are, its worth it incase your old washers don't seal properly and can cause a leak

Whts in it that rattles?

It's the loose change in the filter-pixie's pockets.

True story.

If you put a new filter on it, then get new washers for the banjo bolts either side. For the pennies they are, its worth it incase your old washers don't seal properly and can cause a leak

Can you get these off the net? VW is close to me but can only make it on saturday as their opening hours are poo!

Not sure if you could get them of the net, if you knew the right size of them, then maybe, the rubber that creates the seal inside the washer would be the tricky bit to correctly order.

Is your dealers not open on a Saturday morning? I would really recommend getting them!

Not sure if you could get them of the net, if you knew the right size of them, then maybe, the rubber that creates the seal inside the washer would be the tricky bit to correctly order.

Is your dealers not open on a Saturday morning? I would really recommend getting them!

Yeah they are open Saturday. But i have to wait till Saturday to order them, then wait until the following Saturday to collect. Just a bit of a ball ache.

Yeah they are open Saturday. But i have to wait till Saturday to order them, then wait until the following Saturday to collect. Just a bit of a ball ache.

Could you not order them over the phone ? then pick them up on a Saturday ?

Could you not order them over the phone ? then pick them up on a Saturday ?

I could. . . . . But the number of times the wrong item has been ordered whist i have been there in person!! Worth a shot though. Good thinking :)

They should get the washers right as its pretty obvious on the diagram

there are 4 washers you will need, two of them being smaller than the other two

Can you get these off the net? VW is close to me but can only make it on saturday as their opening hours are poo!

The two larger washers with a rubber lip on the inside lip are known as Dowty Washers. Be aware, there are many rubber types fitted/used in these washers and you need to buy the type resistant to automotive liquids, ie oil & petrol.

I bought these recently from Eire as much cheaper than VW. Supplied by a Saab dealer. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150660981739?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 The guy is sound and delivery was 3 days to Manchester from South Eire.

Asked for the pack to be all as M14 size (size required) by contact as the auction requests.

Plumbing ones you can get at a local merchant look the same but are not fuel proof.

The other two washers used at the other end of the filter are straight forward compression washers.

Edited by RW1