budhilton

Rear Light Options

Hi

My corrado is white and one of the few things I really don't like about its looks is the rear lights. Actually this is the only thing I don't like.So I am looking for some inspiration. I cannot decide which way to go. All clear, all red all smoked or just the orange part smoked or clear ! So what are your suggestions and if you could post pics that would help a lot.

Other than that my only other question is to myself. Why did I wait so bloody long to buy one of these. Its as much fun as my MK1 MX5 and the roof comes off that !!!

Also I am in Widnes, Near Warrington/Liverpool is anyone up for a meet or are all your cars wrapped up for the winter? Mine is my winter car

Thanks in advance for any help

Andy

Edited by budhilton

I'm having a bit of a tussle in mhy own mind over lights too. I'm very tempted by all reds but the ambers are growing on me in a retro kind of way. In your case with a white car I'd probably go with reds.

Yeh thats probably my first choice. I just haven't seen any white ones with all reds on them christ what am I saying I haven't seen another white one in ages never mind with different lights on

I quite like the clear ones on the blacberry one in the banner but not sure if they would suit white

Andy

So I decided to go all red. Took the old ones off and was amazed how good the paint was underneath

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50008[/ATTACH]

New all red. Let me know what you think

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50009[/ATTACH]

Decided to paint my grill and touch up behind the grill as this will be my winter driver. Also touched up a few stone chips replaced the heater/radio surround fitted a new leather handbrake gaiter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50010[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50011[/ATTACH]

Quick wash and ready to go again

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50012[/ATTACH]

Just ordered some HIDs so I will hopefully be fitting them soon ready for winter. Next on the list is possibly new wheels but that depends on funds and what is available. Can't decide yet whether to stick with 15's or go for 16's maybe 17's. so will need to decide that first. Any advice would be welcome

Andy

Edited by budhilton

They're fine as long as the lights are still the correct colours. People change the indicator bulbs to green so they flash yellow still through the red tint. Reverse lights - dont think they're tested in the mot, but often people mask the reverse lights up.

Hmmm. Maybe I should pick up a spare set from the bay to try it out on (and potentially ditch if I ruin it lol)

Won't know for a while as my MOt is not due till next August. However this is in the MOT manual

d. that every direction indicator emits amber light (except vehicles first used before 1 September 1965)

Reason to fail

d. shows light of an incorrect colour

So it looks like I will need a green bulb. Any ideas where I can get these from

Andy

I have still got my original lights as I bought these already tinted so at a push I will be able to swap them over. However if I can source a green bulb and it works that would be the preferred option for me

Andy

I got led and a resistor flashes amber through the red nicely, not so much in the day

I like the LED route, but another option is to pinstripe the lenses so they're a mix of yellow and red, that's what i did.

Hey Ben I think you should know as the lights I bought were yours of ebay. The question is are the ones in the pic your new ones or the ones I now have :thumbleft: Small world

Andy

Hey Ben I think you should know as the lights I bought were yours of ebay. The question is are the ones in the pic your new ones or the ones I now have :thumbleft: Small world

Andy

Indeed it is! I take they arrived safe and sound :)

The ones pictured are my new ones but these are my third set. It makes no difference which Corrado i've owned, i've always installed LEDs, its too cheap not too (and my brother nearly drove into the back of me when using green bulbs!!)

Plus with LEDs they pass an MOT, they wont any other way.

Hi Ben

Yes they arrived safe and sound very pleased with them thanks. I think you would agree they do improve the look. I have ordered green LED's so I will post a pic when I get them

Andy

Hi Ben

Yes they arrived safe and sound very pleased with them thanks. I think you would agree they do improve the look. I have ordered green LED's so I will post a pic when I get them

Andy

Green LEDs? You need the amber ones, well thats what i have. Didnt even know you could get green ones.

Ok so I've ordered some Amber LEDs for the indicators when I swap to all reds over xmas, but I've seen a few people saying they were nearly rear ended. I'm assuming this is due to the need for LED brake bulbs also as the paint thickness over the top dulls them. Is this correct anyone in the know?