owen g60

AUDI 80 VDO gauge fitment

Hi guys,

I want to fit a set of VDO guages from an AUDI 80 into the dash of my G60.

The Oil temp and volts are easy enough to do... I was wondering if any one had managed to do the oil pressure.

I am struggling to get my head round this as there is a low pressure and high pressure switch...

Is there an oil pressure sender already on the g60?? if not how would i go about adding one to it??

if its the same as most over filter housings then get a vdo dual pole sender, they combine low pressure and actual pressure readings through two separate poles on a single thread. they're bulky in comparisson to OE senders though.

Ah I follow...

I was considering using the sender from the Audi 80 and using a t piece to put it along side either the high or low pressure switch.

make sure you get the correct sender range for the guage :)

you can buy T pieces on line I think, if you liked experimenting and were really brave you could try tapping a new sender thread!

I want to keep the high and low switches as a safety precaution. I was thinking of using the original sender from the Audi 80

I've looked at them. I want to keep the tray at the bottom of the centre console tho..

Hence choosing Audi 80 ones and putting them in place of the stereo which has given up.

The pressure sender is my only issue... Although I may change it to be a boost gauge instead

I kept my stereo and half the tray

Y5284888d-3648-30e8.jpg

I took my black rings of mine,behind the dial is a red painted filter ! I carefully scraped this of, and then painted it with green glass paint. I found some chrome rings from an old set of dials I had laying around ,before fitment,I sprayed the needles White (in-situ) now they glow green like the rest of the dash.

I like what you've done there...

Hate to be fussy but I'm also keeping the ash tray and lighter... Yes I'm a dirty smoker :p