Rams

Chassis Notching

I had my chassis leg notched out as the driveshaft was rubbing against it. You can see a shiney line around the driveshaft and urge people to see if theres is touching. Its mainly the driverside when you lower the car. The passenger side has more clearence.

The area was measured, cut out and perfectably re welded and protected. Now the driveshaft clears the chassis leg. I often hear people having issues with lowered cars with noises or vibration and it's not very obvious when checking for movement with arbs and mounts etc.

I can dig some pics out when I had mine done if people want to see.

Rams

Pics would be good. I don't really understand why this was needed.

AFAIK the Corrado chassis had plenty of clearance for shafts because you can graft the rallye 4wd system on quite easily.

I was convinced there was an issue with vibration and a noise coming from the car / driverside. After having everything checked and confirmed all was good, which it should be, replaced most of the stuff on the car.... I noticed a shiney straight line on the driveshaft. I spoke to a welder I know who is a vw nut and he does all the Tidy Vag cars, a local VW group - and said hes done over 70 cars so far. Mainly for the guys that want to go lower but as I was happy with the ride height, I just wanted to make sure nothing was fowling and it wasnt something I was aware of. Thats why I thought It would help others that complain of issue with their lowered cars. Check it out next time its on the ramp, to see if theres any shiney metal and this will correspond with the chassis leg - above the driveshaft.

Pics attached. Excuse quality. Once its all welded, its all sealed and stone chipped it's bearly noticable.

I agree, too low is not good. My drive shaft as you can just about see only had a very light groove where it had been catching. If you look at the car, it's not that low. Most people that lower their C's on coilovers are more or less the same ride hight as mine, give or take. It was more to give people something to look out for if they are experiencing problems that they cant find.

My C handles very well, once I got the firmness setting right, raised it slightly to what it currently is now, its superb. The sixteens helps also.