steve16

parts wanted for 1990 16v

heater matrix, exhaust back box, help with sunroof? also paint code LB5V apparently Kometen Blue? Doesn't seem to be readily available? Wiring for radiator fan ( mine is wired to the wiper motor and goes all the time! It had a new sender but had a different connector! Hope someone can help! :cheers:Steve

Hi,i'm breaking a 90 16v, i can help with all of your requests.apart from the paint.

let me know thanks rod

Hi,i'm breaking a 90 16v, i can help with all of your requests.apart from the paint.

let me know thanks rod

Rod if you can let me know how much you want for the matrix, the clocks, back box et al and let me know how to pay you that would be great!

Thanks Steve

I would advise getting the heater matrix from GSF, when i got mine a month ago they had OEM Valeo ones in stock complete with VAG part number and stamp on the plastic part. was About £25 for it.

If you want paint in a rattle can it can come from http://www.spraydosen-shop.de/autolack-spraydose-vw-audi-lb5v-kometenblau-perleffekt-basislack.. will take about a week for it to arrive.

This was the only place i could get aqua blue in a can at a reasonable price

I'd have to agree, I'd get a heater matrix from GSF, ok, you'll pay about £45-50 for a new one, but at least you have the piece of mind it's a good one.

With the sunroof, always make sure you get confirmation that it works properly, ie it both tilts and slides. My last Rado, the sunroof only tilted due to a piece that had broken of the tilting arm. The sunroof is a common part to fail on the Rado, so be careful when buying!!!

thanks guys, the paint code i have is wrong! I think the code I'm looking for has been rubbed off the sticker in the boot my car is purple on the log book, where else can I find the paint code? Thanks again for your help Steve

Might be worth posting a photo, someone will be able to tell you for sure.

Shame you're in Torquay, I'd have offered to help with the sunroof and heater matrix.

If you have it check the original service manual the sticker should be there too

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Corrado

Nugget Yellow (LK1B)

Tornado Red (LY3D)

Black (LO41)

Alpine White (L90E)

Diamond Silver CC Metallic (L97A)

Blue Pearl SCC Metallic (LC5Z)

these are the colours listed by VW for corrados made in 1990

I have checked for codes for 1991 and 1989 incase yours was very early/late but LB5V isnt listed there either

this colour was used on campers in the 80's... so maybe your corrado was a request by the original buyer to have it in that colour.

or as per this archived post on here http://the-corrado.net/archive/index.php/t-50129.html? it was a misprinted code and the dealer ammended the log book to Dark Burgundy Pearl (LC3U)

Thanks again for your willingness to help!! Grim1 I wish you weren't in Warwickshire as I'd love you to help!!!!

It looks like my car could have the same mistake with the paint code as the one in your link owen g60 my car is definitely a sort of purple colour and the paint albeit pretty bad is mostly original so I guess I should forget the code and try and find out the colour from VW. I don't have the service book I'm afraid.

Thanks again Steve

Hi Rod yes I would like the middle and back boxes if they are good, the set of clocks (speedo etc) thats all I can think of at the mo, so please let me know how to pay and how much and we can go from there. I'm sure I'll want more bits so I'll keep in touch. Thanks Steve