KADVR6

MAF to Throttle body pipework

well since owning the car i have got throught two of these, both have been totally unusable with splits everywhere on them. Does anybody have a rough cost for a new one from either vw or ford??

or has anyone done these in silicone hose, as i'm sure they would be better than the brittle plastic ones used as standard.

cheers

karl

yeh have seen those mate and might not look too bad sprayed black, but my pipework from the crankcase to the pipe is 100% f****d, or dont you use that with these??

if not i'm sure £70 will be cheaper than buying from the stealers.

I've been thinking of making one up for a while now using silicone hose but with the addition of a catch tank. I was just wondering what angle the main pipe has to be? I was looking at 135 degree. I think it's probably best I take my spare pipe down to a car parts place near me that has a selection of hoses and go from there.

That one from Awesome does look like a very good replacement though!

I was idly looking at something similar (got distracted looking at silicone couplers for a CDA!) and found this - the last post looks pretty sensible if you'd rather roll your own.

I bet you could get a local machine shop to knock up something similar to the American one for not too much :)

Stone

yeh hear what your saying stonejag, but by the time you have been somewhere to get it made up (and it never happens first attempt) bought some silicone hoses/clamps, it would have been easier just to pay the £92 and get it done first time and get it done right.

spooky you replied to this thread as this arrived earlier today, will be fitting it on friday so will say how it went etc etc

2011-12-06165918.jpg

Yeah, let us know. Mine's on the brink of death after the previous owner put a K&N filter in with nothing holding it up, so every throttle adjustment and corner wobbled the MAF and filter around the engine bay all hanging off the elbow...

Where does the small pipe on the outside of the elbow come from, the oil breather?

Edited by Stonejag

Ive got one of those 42 draft products on my 92 VR6 its not the best fitments just a bit tight on most of the silicone hoses but it does look good.

DSC00100.jpg

well fitted it today, and only took about 30 mins to do it including a fag break, its a snug fit with the 19mm silicone hoses from out of the crankcase but just heated them up and that was that sorted, very happy with the whole kit and its a perfect replacement i would say, and lots cheaper than buying a new plastic pipe from VW or Ford.

2011-12-09111138.jpg

This is probably a really obvious question but what did you do with the other pipe?

corrado-inlet-pipe1.jpg

I must be missing something...unless yours is ODB2?

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

Aha, I hadn't spotted that! I thought maybe you'd found some cunning way to delete the ISV :lol:

Stone