wagonmafia503

Big Bangs and Flames!

I'm new to this forum and new to my corrado, When I'm decelerating or letting my foot off the gas around 3000rpm my car will back fire and a good 1-2 foot flame will come out of my exhaust, I know its a back fire from fuel dropping onto the header but I dont know if its normal? Can it he harmful to anything like the Cat?

It's drawn alot of attention from the local boys in blue :thumbleft:

It certainly can damage the cat and maybe melt your a bumper a little if it happens regularly, but other than that the only thing it damages is your bank balance in wasted fuel :D

I had a Jabbasport chip in mine when I first got it, and it did just this - it overfuelled badly, so when you take your foot off the exhaust fuel is dumped into the exhaust and it goes bang. Depends on the chip you have and whether everything is running as it should be. Mine's setup properly now and doesn't do it.

Me says you should prob check the 1m ecu hose too! easiest first anyway.if its been chipped the hose may not have been put on or come off the ecu