daavid44

help with 5 stud narrow track conversion.

Hi, I've been looking into converting my 16v to 5 stud so i can fit my 5*100 wheels. I know this has been covered alot but could someone please just put my mind to rest about a couple of things.

If i want to run standard 16v disks and brakes do i just need vr6 hubs and drill my disks to 5 stud?

or do i also need vr6 cv joints? If so, what is the reason for this?

Thanks, Dave

You can get adaptors made up to your specifications, I don't have a contact number for anyone but I'm sure someone will.

I converted my G60 to 5 stud and it was a pain, I needed the Vr6 CV's because the splines are different on the driveshafts (i think, don't quote me though)

I wouldn't drill the disks, I would get some VR6 calipers, carriers and disks. I'd rather have a solid setup than anything else.

I "could" make them, i use a cnc lathe with live tooling all day long however i wouldn't want to be responsible for someone else's wheels/life...

Thanks for all the replys. Sorry, i should have mentioned, pcd adapters are not really an option for me as i've got 9j schmidts and cant afford to space the wheels out at all. Daves16v Thanks for getting in touch i was looking at your thread earlier and found it very useful but can you just clarify a couple of things for me please?

4 to 5 stud with 256mm disks - vr6 hubs, cv joints and drilled disks required

4 to 5 stud with 280mm disks(93 passat)- vr6 hubs (machined), cv joints, 93 passat disks and 280mm calipers and carriers

4 to 5 stud with 280mm disks(vr6)- vr6 hubs,cv joints and disks with machined 280mm carriers and 280mm calipers

This is how i understand it to be. Is this correct or am i going wrong somewhere? Thanks!

Thanks for everyone's help on this one! I know this has been covered so many times but i just wanted to get a few things clear in my head! the second option with the passat disks seems like the way to go. :):)