robo22sri

Robo22sri's K99 VRG

Been on here a little while now but not posted any pics! :lol:

Its an aqua blue k reg with black leather, the previous owner is a member of here.

6339c2fc.jpg

bf81aab3.jpg

b4fe7abb.jpg

The sunroof is shot and i bought a passat moonroof which the nice couriers broke for me :mad2::censored:

I have got to strip it down and try and repair it!

I bought new roof gutter rubbers and door window seals a little while ago! I bent the drivers side rubber by putting it on to far so had to buy another :lol: that was a waste of £54!

c18cd346.jpg

Am not sure the plan with the car at the mo! coilovers and exhaust are at the top of the list!

Poly bush everything and replace a few bits!

Does look clean and well looked after,

out of interest,is yours an early or late interior ?

Its a late interior, but i know its not the original interior

"I bent the drivers side rubber by putting it on to far so had to buy another that was a waste of £54!"

had to giggle, thats the sort of thing i'm always doing.

"I bent the drivers side rubber by putting it on to far so had to buy another that was a waste of £54!"

had to giggle, thats the sort of thing i'm always doing.

the mrs fliped! I still have the other one it was on for a week a taken off but its a bit like a banana :lol:

that looks much better than i was expecting mate, the way you have talked about it i was expecting a lot worse.

that looks much better than i was expecting mate, the way you have talked about it i was expecting a lot worse.

It does need alot of TLC on the engine, the body is very good

Need to sort the sunroof out!

Well id did something a little mad last week and bought a 2nd engine for the car!

I just toke delivery of a new recon engine from VEGE

76facd21.jpg

Nice. How much did that set you back?

i hope Rob does not say on here otherwise there could be a few gutted people!!!!!!

Edited by KADVR6

Nice. How much did that set you back?

Get ready to choke! I paid £660 delivered for it, and that was after i just bought a rebuilt 2.8 odb2 engine that is sitting in my mates garage :lol:

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Careful not to bend it when putting it in :camp:

What mileage was the original on

My car has 126k on it, and i nearly wrapped it on saturday night!

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

i hope Rob does say on here otherwise there could be a few gutted people!!!!!!

Need to sell that golf engine now, my mrs will go mad if she finds out about this engine

Right i finally got some pics of the all red rears

366e874d.jpg

I removed the corrado badge of the back and the little blue badge holders broke :(

I fitted dark crystal indicators

ff3ffbcc.jpg

Not sure if i should remove the bump strips or paint them the same as the car??

I found the answer to the rust in my boot!

I found this in the boot behind the central locking pump

cf03d977.jpg

I dropped the fuel tank and didnt find much rust a little bit right behind the filler but nothing to worry about, wire brush and gone!

I then had to get the pressure washer out to find my leaking hole! Right at the top of the strut where its welded to the inner arch was a small line on welded! You cant see it in the first pic but in the 2nd pic in the dark you can see the light through it!

7077f531.jpg

5337610c.jpg

Not sure what to do next!

nice looking c, imo your next step would be to clean that area up to bare metal with a dremel to see what has actualy happend and how far the damage is , worst case scenario is :- you clean it up so no rust is present then gash it back together with seam sealer and underseal, atleast that prevents any further damage and its water tight!! and cost effective!

so not realy worst case after all. obviously may need welding but untill you unearth it you wont know the extent of the damage.

word of caution about the bump strips, if you try to remove them it may split the paint so becareful, or like my friends C it has had a previous paint repair and the painters masked the bump strips up so theres a paint line!

my c has had them removed and it looks alot better for it imo...

well i had a 2nd go at the rust again! and this is what i found

7ba95e50.jpg

Bloody rust in the strut its self!

a6e96ce4.jpg

I had ago at the rear sills to! the drivers side is worse that the passenger side

2a309839.jpg

07eab416.jpg

I didnt get any pics of the passenger side because it kept raining :(

well fingers crossed my mate willbe doing the welding this weekend!

I bought myself some schmidt ML 3pc wheels :)

I am going to sort out putting the new engine in, got to buy a new clutch and service items, going to pick up a lightened fly wheel off Kev

once the engine is in and rust welded up will re seal the underside and start sorting the bushes and brakes!

The car is now for sale for £1500, i had a quote of £210 plus VAT to sort the seals out, other than that the shell is preatty solid

I just dont have the time to sort her out :( and being stressed out with stuff the car is just not helping and another thing to worry about

Edited by robo22sri

Nice looking rado and very good sale price. Should sell very soon, worth at least 2k in parts.

Nice looking rado and very good sale price. Should sell very soon, worth at least 2k in parts.

I might break it but i know my mrs will say no to it!

Just need to save to move as where i live is really starting to get to me :( I need to save £8k to move house and have £3500 so far :lol:

Well its a shame to break good corrado but I did it twice and won't regret it. Of course I would if I could get what I was asking but people doesn't like pay what a car is worth.

Below a list of easy removable parts with prices that they will sell very quick.

Leather 500

Steering wheel + gearknob 50

Handles 50

Headlights 80

Fogs + indicators 80

Alloys 150

Wings 50

Brakes 100

Sunroof 50

Heater controls 60

Mirrors 30

Front grille 20

Red rear lights 40

Lupo wipers 50

That already gives you 100 quid more than your asking price and you still have untouched engine and more valuable parts.

I would buy this car as I always liked aqua blue corrado but can't afford it. If I only could sell my z-engineering supercharged and cams. SOmebody will get a good car for little money.

Well its a shame to break good corrado but I did it twice and won't regret it. Of course I would if I could get what I was asking but people doesn't like pay what a car is worth.

Below a list of easy removable parts with prices that they will sell very quick.

Leather 500

Steering wheel + gearknob 50

Handles 50

Headlights 80

Fogs + indicators 80

Alloys 150

Wings 50

Brakes 100

Sunroof 50

Heater controls 60

Mirrors 30

Front grille 20

Red rear lights 40

Lupo wipers 50

That already gives you 100 quid more than your asking price and you still have untouched engine and more valuable parts.

I would buy this car as I always liked aqua blue corrado but can't afford it. If I only could sell my z-engineering supercharged and cams. SOmebody will get a good car for little money.

That is good food for thought!

---------- Post added at 4:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:10 PM ----------

I do have the recon engine for it, another gearbox, schimmel lightened flywheel and few other bits to fit the engine a full odb2 conversion to!

I just can justify spending on fitting it at the mo :( and other things need sorting out to move

I wish I could afford the engine, is that the one that was for sale on E38?