dogger

SpoonFedTuning Strut Caps

I wanted to share another new product we just started production on. These are front strut caps made from carbon fiber, fiberglass, and carbon/Kevlar. We offer the carbon in 1x1 and 2x2 cloth. Also all of the caps are available in satin finish since they come out of the mold that way. We polish them for a gloss finish. The caps have a plastic stem on the bottom that threads onto the top of the strut. Since its a soft plastic it can't damage the strut thread if cross threaded. We also offer a taller version for adjustable struts. These fit VR upper strut mounts only and will not fit the earlier G60/16v strut mount.

DSCN2813.jpg

DSCN2815.jpg

DSCN2820.jpg

DSCN2829.jpg

How much do you expect to be retailing these at for us folks in the UK? :)

They look excellent. I remember reading that they might have to be modified to fit over kw v3s ?

For all adjustable struts there is a version that is taller by a 1/4".

How much do you expect to be retailing these at for us folks in the UK? :)

The fiberglass version that come in gloss black will be £58, carbon fiber will be £74, and carbon/Kevlar will be £74 as well. Shipping will be £13.

DSCN2889.jpg

Fiberglass version

IMG_1826.jpg

Carbon/Kevlar version

IMG_1825.jpg

This is the stem prototype that we cast in plastic that will be bonded to the caps for attaching them to the strut.

DSCN2899.jpg

Gloss black fiberglass version £58

IMG_0668.jpg

Carbon fiber with a polished aluminum ring £123

StrutCapRing.jpg

Plastic stem for mounting

IMG_0543.jpg

Interesting, and very nice all at the same time. I may take a set, but will have to wait till my rain tray is ready to save on postage.

I think its a nice option instead of aluminum caps that have been around for so long now. I'll message you once your rain tray is ready next week and you can let me know if you want to get some strut caps.

lovely looking bits of kit, and id deffo be after some if theres any chance of making them for a late valver??

What strut upper strut mounts does your car have? If they are like the VR6 upper strut mount top plate than these strut caps will fit.

What strut upper strut mounts does your car have? If they are like the VR6 upper strut mount top plate than these strut caps will fit.

sadly theyre differnt to the ones on the vr...:(

sadly theyre differnt to the ones on the vr...:(

Than I am assuming they are like the G60 version. There is a good chance our strut caps will fit. The only issue is clearing the top plate of the strut mount but I think it will. The mounting stem will match the strut size and thread pitch.

You can also upgrade to the VR upper strut mount since its a better and more durable bearing/mount. I did this on my car.