bluester

todays problem

found out my 16v is gushing out oil from the area of the oil filter housing, any one know if there is a gasket around there that might have gone or ant ideas what it could be ?

I had a very similar issue last week. Oil was leaking like mad and it was coming from top of the oil filter "area". It was the oil pressure switch that was leaking. It is placed at the top of the oil filter and had a rubber cap with cable attached to it. As soon as I took the rubber cap off you could see oil leaking like little waterfall, especially when engine was on.

Took it to garage, they put new oil pressure switch, but I also requested oil filter change and also new oil... and problem is fixed now. When doing my research some people suggested it could be also leaking oil filter "o-ring" but in my case it was pressure switch.

Sorry cannot be more helpful I am a total mechanical noob :(

there is a gasket on the block to filter housing itself doubt it leaks,never heard them go unless not put on correctly in the first place.Then there is the oil filter seal,for some reason people do them too tight,think they think if they do it tighter than is neccesrary it wont leak.This can have quite the opposite effect.

As guildmage said above the oil pressure switch can leak oil through the switch itself(out where spade connector is).This has also happened to me so 16v it seems is prone to this happening,more so the KR 1.8 versions.when it leaks it only gets worse,so check it properly or you run the risk of siezing your engine if it fully goes,as it pours out not drips