max west-yorks

New member from Yorkshire!

Hi,

My names Max, I'm 20 and based in Halifax (near Leeds :p)

Every since my dad had a 2.0 corrado back in the mid 90s it has been my favourite car - obviously had a eye for beauty since a young ages ;) - and now that I can finally (sort of) afford it I've picked up a 1994 Blackberry VR6 and had it for about 6-7 weeks now

The car has extensive service history with a full engine rebuild including fitting a set of schrick 268 cms by Stealth at 106k miles, the is currenty just shy of 190k and so as you can imagine the old girls getting pretty tired now

So after getting it home had proper look around and got a list written up for what needs doing!

I've change the full steering rack with fluid change, worn parts of the coolant hosing and replaced the cooling, front hubs and bearings, new sump from a mk5 r32 (just a smaller version of the rados) with oil and filter change, and at the moment shopping for new HT leads, spark plugs and a coilpack so hopefully by spring shell be near ready!

Car is already sat on KW V1s and speedlines and has a skid plate to provide a little bit of protection to that big lump under the bonnet, this is the only picture I've got of her atm as I've been too busy with other stuff to get proper photos done

radonew.jpg

Anyway I'll leave it at that for now, no doubt I'll be on here a fair bit picking your brains and searching for parts!

Cheers,

Max

Welcome to the forum!

Keep us posted with your progress and I'm sure you'll find plenty of previously posted info and helpful responses from the peeps on here :)

Well shes literally at a mates garage for bearings and hubs replacing as they've got a press and the proper tools for everything, didn't fancy making too much work of the old hammer today!

Just praying to god my CV joints haven't gone because its started knocking and also getting an intermittent sqreeching which as far as I'm aware bearings shouldn't do? :(

Anyway I'll get pics up when we get a bit of good weather (probably not til spring at this rate!)

Welcome to forum Max. Nice one, another Corrado in West Yorkshire, thumbs up and hope to see you soon. I'm from Leeds so not far away... ah and get more pictures :D

Cars back and running without any knocking thank good!

Only problem is, when the bearing had totally collapsed (yesterday) it had caused part of the caliper to rub on the disc and its left a fair gouge in it (I only drove it home yesterday and back down today (literally about 1-2 miles), it's making a nasty scraping as if there was a stone stuck in the caliper but only for about half of the wheels full rotation if that makes sense

It wont be doing any damage will it, guessing it'll just stop over time as the disc levels out again?

Or is it a case of new discs? :|

hey up from another Rado owner in Halifax.

Hey man which one is yours, I've seen a green one in sowerby, black G60 (I think) a few times and I know of a couple garaged up :p

Haris' old car?

Looks nice.

Yeah man, just getting all the mechanical parts running well before I take on any kind of stance works!

Yorkshire woooo!! Welcome to the forum mate.... I was hooked when my old boy bought his C in the 90s too - so much so I bought it off him 10 years later!

Car looks great mate!

'hey up from another Rado owner in Halifax.

Hey man which one is yours, I've seen a green one in sowerby, black G60 (I think) a few times and I know of a couple garaged up '

Mine is a Ice grey violet pearl VR6 in skircoat green.

It might take a while for your rear disc to wear down and they are not expensive so i think i'd replace them , depends how loud and annoying the noise is.