jonnykillpop

Swapping Passenger seat for drivers?

Hello, my passenger seat is like new but the drivers one is worn on bolster etc. which I imagine is normal, on my Corrado VR6 94. On my Capri which has leather Recaros I just swapped them over as they are identical, runners and everything, just endd up with recliner wheel on inside which is'nt major prob.

The Corrado's obviously are'nt uniform, is it possible to swap them if you change runners, and seatbelt holder catch?

I'd look for other seats of an Audi TT or similar maybe, look nicer on modern Audi's but what would fit bearing in mind I have the Corrado seat on it's lowest height setting, cfor a nice driving position, ould imagine other seats sitting too high.

Thanks

You may be able to remove the base foam and swap them around. Saw a thread on golfgtiforum today actually where someone did exactly that in a mk3 gti. It looks a bit long winded, and removing the foam was a bit of a pain in the arse, but it may be able to be done.

Physically you can swap the seats, but the seat belt holder and all the seat controls are on the wrong side !

As above you might be able to swap the cushions, or a good trimmer should be able to sort it for you

Physically you can swap the seats, but the seat belt holder and all the seat controls are on the wrong side !

Sorry for bumping this back up.

But is this correct, as it will save me the hassle of borrowing a drivers seat. To get my bolster repaired.

As I want to still be able to drive the car back in the garage, whilst the seat is getting repaired.

Yes I did it !

The only snag is,you have to clip the seat belt into the passenger side,I rarely take passengers,so for me wasn't a problem

Well that's great news, will try it on the banks holiday hopefully. I'm not really fussed about the seat belt, as I will be only moving the car on the drive and then back in the garage.

Well did this swap at the weekend, and it wasn't quite as straight forward as it seemed.

Had to remove the plastic guide in front of the seat, as I couldn't slide the seat in.

Also you cant adjust the seat forward and back sat in the car, as the leaver is on the other side. However you can adjust it from outside of the car.

But it will do, whilst I get the drivers seat repaired and saves the hassle of buying one or borrowing one.

Hi i have done exactly this to mine, took out both front seats took them in the warm house and got started.

took me about 2hours max, very simple indeed,

the seat bases are easily unclipped and swapped over, mine were heated leather so i had to splice and re join the cables, simple job also,

while i was there i unclipped the worn bolsters and swapped them over too, the only thing you cant swap over without a lot of hassle are the

seat backs and upper sides, i know have a lovely new seat to sit in, cost was Zero.

I swapped the upper bolsters and was really simple. Its all one piece, and aside from removing the headrest guides it just pops straight off iirc.