tony_ack

Lego Millennium Falcon - THE BIG ONE (10179)

I love this. But now it's in a box to keep it safe from our little one. I'm really torn in selling this but the truth is that it's either going to spend the next 16 years in a box (though probably appreciating in value) or it can be sold and appreciated properly by someone else.

This is the biggest Lego set ever made, with 5195 pieces and weighs 11kg. I built it once (took 2 days of solid graft!), had it on display for about a year and then dismantled it again carefully a few months ago (so even though I've cleaned it down, some pieces are a little dusty). I'm not aware of any missing pieces and all the mini figures are present. The set is in the original box (a couple of rips on the box flaps, but otherwise in good nick), complete with instructions. I have found a full parts inventory for the set online and was going to check to make sure that all the pieces were present before sticking it on the 'bay, but I thought I would offer it on here first to see if anyone was interested.

I was going to stick it on e-Bay for £800 once all the pieces had been checked, but I will offer it on here first for £750 plus postage (collection preferred) as it is.

This may seem like a lot just after Christmas, but this really is a special set which isn't made anymore. From experience Lego don't re-make an old set once it goes out of production, so they're only going to go up in price. There were a few on eBay before Christmas for about £850 - £1000, but the cheapest I can find anywhere in the UK at the moment is £1000.

It's in the loft at the moment, so no pics right now, but they can be supplied for anyone who can't come to see it for themselves.

Here's a link with more info about the set

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10179-1

I'd love to keep this, but I can only afford one highish-value luxury item sitting doing nothing, and unfortunately for this, the Corrado wins.

Ahhhhhhhh man I'd love one of these! Can't justify the money they go for though.

Kicking myself though, as a few went on ebay over the summer for £600ish, looking at the pre-Christmas prices I wish I'd bought one!

Yeah they do go for a lot, anyone paying £1000 plus is surely mental?! Part of the reason I'm loathed to part with it is that I would struggle to get another one if I ever wanted one again (and I probably would). In a selfish way I wish I'd bought 2 when they were still available in the shops.

just bought the supercar for xmas, had the bulldozer 8275 as well.

Lego sold the bulldozer new for £80, i paid £130 2nd hand, kept it a while and got £170 for it when i sold it.

Okay, it's taken a while to count all the parts... about halfway through so far!!

This is going to be listed on Thursday, so if anyone wants before then, let me know! Just saw one go for £765 in very similar condition to mine, so taking into acoount eBay fees and the like, I'll offer it on the forum for £700 ono.

I modified one of the smaller Lego Falcons by building a full interior and detailing all the body - took me about four weeks and €150 in single parts ordered from the Lego custom shop - I'll have to dig out a few pics.

I modified one of the smaller Lego Falcons by building a full interior and detailing all the body - took me about four weeks and €150 in single parts ordered from the Lego custom shop - I'll have to dig out a few pics.

I must admit that I was disappointed that the model I have didn't come with the full interior - just the cabin and the turret where Luke sits to fire the lasers. Wonder if anyone has taken on a project to build the interior of this? Complete with cargo smuggling holds? :-)

I think the price of this set is the exception rather than the rule - it is Lego's biggest set and it is Star Wars, so it was always going to be a winner in terms of investment (though it was bought for the child in me rather than for money). Still wish I'd bought 2 :-(

Well - I had the Star Destroyer model a while back - over 2 feet in lenght, there's also a Super Star Destroyer and a Death Star, with interiors. Some really cool stuff for adults who haven't quite grown up yet, even the smaller sets are really cool.