bmcc

Trade in value of Corrado

pictures dont do it justice to be fair, but you find that a lot of the times with any car, it drives well, sounds well and goes well, flew through its mot only needing bulbs! has load of receipts with as well, would be nice car for someone who can appreciate it for what it is, i know i will regret it if i do sell it, or worse trade it in for stupid money but its better than it sitting about doing nothing

My sisters ex husband was in the motor trade so I know how things work. If you trade it in they will actually be giving you nothing for the car, no matter what they tell you. If you try to sell to a trader you will get less than the £500 you were offered.

If you have to sell you have to take the best offer, the motor traders term it "taking your medicine"!

god knows why! i just checked layout of it there and its now worse lol maybe the gods above are testing me haha! plus its a zero rating bidder so wont keep my hopes up, ebay sucks!

Audi dealers offered me £350 for mine, but mines not exactly a minter though

Yeah I reckon a standard grill, some rz's or sebrings and stock tails would make it more appealing. Put up px adds on all the forums...

It's a nice car to be honest but your current situation demonstrates just how bad the car market is ATM.

yeah it certainly does, i knew would be tough time of year to try sell a car, im not going to bother trying to put it to standard just to sell it i havent got the time at moment

if i see a car when im home and they offered 1k for mines i would take it all day long to be honest

if i see a car when im home and they offered 1k for mines i would take it all day long to be honest

So how come you wouldn't let it go fo a grand cash? You would be in a better position than a supposed £1000 px allowance.

how could i be in a better position? if they give me a grand for car then it goes, if i sold for a grand it would still be a grand that would go to new car

how could i be in a better position? if they give me a grand for car then it goes, if i sold for a grand it would still be a grand that would go to new car

Because finding someone willing to px on a corrado is a mission. Youll get plenty of timewasters but that's it unless your lucky or your cars very desirable.

Put it to you like this, this went for £1500 and it was a show winner last year. Check out the body on the beast!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130622909234?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_1280wt_922

All it needed was a charger rebuild soon and it was good to go.

Edited by Abdul

It's like I was saying, If they give you £1000 px you are getting at best £500. That's the way they work. Suppose the deal was on a car costing £3k, you hand over your car and £2k. But in reality £2.5k cash would have bought that car from them. So if you had sold yours for only £1k you would be better off.

I've had cars off my ex brother in law for £50 and sold them on for a grand. The £50 was all they owed, the previous owners thought they had got around a grand in px!

It's just how the motor trade make a living.

It's like I was saying, If they give you £1000 px you are getting at best £500. That's the way they work. Suppose the deal was on a car costing £3k, you hand over your car and £2k. But in reality £2.5k cash would have bought that car from them. So if you had sold yours for only £1k you would be better off.

I've had cars off my ex brother in law for £50 and sold them on for a grand. The £50 was all they owed, the previous owners thought they had got around a grand in px!

It's just how the motor trade make a living.

You need to put me in touch with him lol.

You need to put me in touch with him lol.

I've not been intouch with him since he and my sister split. He worked for Audi VW for a long time. Always ringing me and saying I've "stole" this px it owes £50 or whatever, bring the cash and it's yours.

Dealers don't want what they term "runts" on their forcourt and it costs to put them in the block (auction) so if you are friendly with them and will take all the crap (as they see it) and have cash, they are happy.

Anyone with a nice C would be advised to wait until at least May before putting up for sale. Interest is always higher in the summer when mid-life crisis people want a toy.

Yeh my friend buys these cars "Dealers don't want what they term "runts" on their forcourt and it costs to put them in the block (auction) so if you are friendly with them and will take all the crap (as they see it) and have cash, they are happy." He makes a lot of money doing this, he can sell 5 cars a week. Gets them for peanuts pushes them through an M.O.T if they need one and sells them on. He gets decent cars as well not just garbage.

well going to look at some cars tomorrow so will see what am offered for it, but am prepared now to try just let it go for 1600 private

I've not been intouch with him since he and my sister split. He worked for Audi VW for a long time. Always ringing me and saying I've "stole" this px it owes £50 or whatever, bring the cash and it's yours.

Dealers don't want what they term "runts" on their forcourt and it costs to put them in the block (auction) so if you are friendly with them and will take all the crap (as they see it) and have cash, they are happy.

When I worked for Arnold Shark, my boss used to do this. Except he'd take £500 for the car, put £300 in his pocket and put the £200 on the books. He must have made a fortune til he got caught, sacked, then re-employed cos he sold too many cars. Beware Arnold Shark!