Human Joist

Wheel advice Re staggered offset and wheel choice

I had 215s on the front for a while (don't ask), really don't recommend it! At the moment I have 205/40/17s and they're still too big - I've got 195/45/16s on the Ultraleggeras so it should improve a lot once I've swapped them over.

Ha... As a bonus 205/40/16 are loads cheaper for quality makes too. Even posted from my tyres at a great price. Time to get on phone and order wheels. Will post pic when fitted to raddo next week

Stonejag - 215 I'm fighting the urge... w-what??

I blame the previous owner, who was as mad as a balloon! Even worse I didn't realise for ages so when I replaced the worn fronts with 205/40/17 and rotated them I ended up with 215/40/17 on the front :bonk:

Yes, it was utterly terrible! Luckily I got my Ultraleggeras back from refurb and fitted earlier, now I have 195/45/16s all round which is much more sensible! Stance looked a bit funny afterwards though :lol:

Sorry, no, the 16" Ultraleggeras only come in 7j. They do look awesome fitted though!

corrado-ultraleggeras.jpg

Was planning to fiddle with the stance a little but the second I got outside it started ****ing it down :lol:

Wheels ordered Dare DR-RS 16x8 et 25. Should come this week. Let's hope they look the part. Photos to follow when tired up and fitted by weekend. Cheers for all advice

After all the advice I ordered the Dare DR-RS 16x8 with offset et25, cracking looking wheel. Fitted a nice set of 205/40/16's yokahammas. Rears look great. Fronts won't go on as they foul on the calliper. Back to phone calls to supplier to see what they reckon. Apparently VR6's had more than one sort of calliper and some wheels fit one and not the other? First I heard that. ...... They are sending through a 10mm spacer for the front to see if that cures fault then decide what to do with wheels. Has anyone come accross this before am sure someone on here will and what was the outcome. Cheers to help so far

will a 10mm spacer on an et 25 not catch the front arch quite alot? like i said before im on 195/45/16 on a 7.5J et 25 and it catches with that?

Think I will have to try the spacer though as its what suppliers and manufacturing company suggest next. They plan on swapping et25 for 15 if the 10mm spacer works. But will have to try again to orrow when spacer arrives.

The 17 x 8 BBS RS reps I fitted to my Mk3 Golf VR6 have to have spacers on the front, as the ET 32 offset meant the 288mm calipers were fouling the wheel. I run 11mm FK hubcentric spacers which push the wheels out and they just clears the calipers. The arches were already rolled but I've then had to run more camber on the fronts as well. Now, there is no fouling and they look ace, especially with the negative camber, so assuming you can get the wheels on with spacers, you should be fine.

Charlie

Cheers mate they go on with a 10mm spacer, just. 13 mmwould be better but it sticks out quite a bit so think would need to do all 4 so the fronts would not stick out more than rears. It's not been lowered too much so hope to get away with it. But think I will have to sort arch rolling.

Sorry for late entry, wheels came, tyres fitted. Looks great, had to remove the inner arch and jack up the suspension a little though.[ATTACH=CONFIG]62265[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]62269[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]62273[/ATTACH]