sexybourbon

what tyres u got

Basically im gonna order my tyres soon but im not to sure what to get ! Ideally im looking to spend about 350 so have been looking at hancook , toyo that sort of thing .

Im not sure what is best to go for as ideally i would like a good compromise between grip and tyre life .

I remember putting some yokohama tyres on my saxo and they lasted about 5 months before the outer edge of the tyre was going bald

The wheels are 16 x7j by the way so was goin to go for either 205,45 or 195,45

Any help would be good and any past expariences with good or bad tyres are welcome

Cheers , matt

where have you been looking for tyres?

have you tried, camskills, blackcircle,click on tyres?

you can get nankang ns2 for about £225 for 4 andfalken ziex 912 for about £240

Edited by robo22sri

Thank you mate i think maybe i was looking in the wrong places then and not at the nankangs maybe being a bit nieve about wat wa good !! Its been a long while since iv had to buy new tyres as the cars iv had or the wheels i have bought have always been ok to start with

Have you personally had any of the tyres you mentioned ? Wats your thoughts on them

Cheers

If you've got that much to spend there's no point looking at budget brands - You should be able to get SportContact 3's for £300

This is my problem you see im not sure what is good so always end up looking at the wrong thing ! Id say a max of 300 then as i thought i was going to have to pay alot more for something half decent , the less i can spend the better really as im saving for a deposit on a house but still i dont really want budget

Are the sportcontacts made by continental then

My recommendation would be Uniroyal Rainsport 2. Good grip in the dry, excellent grip in the wet and durable. I've had mine on for about 10,000 miles and still have 3mm until the marker.

My recommendation would be Uniroyal Rainsport 2. Good grip in the dry, excellent grip in the wet and durable. I've had mine on for about 10,000 miles and still have 3mm until the marker.

+1

+1

Ditto. I'm very happy with my Rainsport2. I managed to get them fitted for £242 from a little place in Staffs back in 2010. Probably due for a change soon!

Goodyear Eagle F1 used to be my tyre of choice but they moved manufacture to China and the rubber spec changed. I doubt you'll get proper German ones now...

If you've got that much to spend there's no point looking at budget brands - You should be able to get SportContact 3's for £300

Sport Contacts start from 17" last time I looked.

Premium Contact 2 is the next best bet. More or less the same overall grip as the sport contact, just a slightly softer sidewall. It's what I have on my 15s.

Bridgestone and Conti are the only 2 brands I trust for consistently good grip. All the other brands I've tried out of curiousity have been very dissapointing in some cases.