jaded2882

Trackday at Oulton Park, Cheshire, £129, 17 Feb

Iv got a voucher for trackdays.co.uk but the rado is laid up at the min or i would of come! might pop down as i will be at my mums on the 16th.

how much is track day insurance these days??

Not sure, I've never got it. I think it's usually more than the track day itself for reliable cover. I just cross my fingers and steer clear of anyone being silly.

how much is track day insurance these days??

too much, exess is v-high and they only pay out part value of the car apparantly, only worth it if your in something thats costs 4x that of a rado. you realy need to be unlucky to hit anything hard at oulton. druids is the corner to watch out for, double apex and usually wet due to been under the trees!

Amazing! One hell of a track, couldn't believe all the blind summits! I'll get pics and vids up soon.

Edited by jaded2882

Here's a few vids with me in:

And a BMW who fell victim to the wet conditions! I ate my lunch whilst watching this being hauled onto a trailer, very sad :(

The last 10 or so in this album are oulton park:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.532187702164.46273.274301570&type=1&l=e629775da8

I had some V70 tyres on for the first time but I don't think they ever really got going with all the water. But to my suprise I did manage to overtake quite a few cars during the day as I learned the track. Certainly a lot better than the airfield trackday I did but then again Oulton Park goes to over £200 in summer! So I might get an airfield one in over summer and go back to Oulton in November when it drops price again.

Nice! I'll be at Oulton Park on 13th April with opentrack.co.uk

It's nice to go to 'proper' tracks. I never quite fancy airfield day.

Was the beemer dead? I went there in November and it was very slippy in the morning. Dried out nicely in the afternoon but its very scary when wet. Oulton is an awesome track.

Was the beemer dead? I went there in November and it was very slippy in the morning. Dried out nicely in the afternoon but its very scary when wet. Oulton is an awesome track.

I hope not- it had a fair bit of front end damage but it looked mostly cosmetic so I'm sure it can be repaired.