Sign in to follow this  
Dilated

Holy burning oil fields batman!

The job is quite easy,once the inlet manifold is off,its straight forward,just note the cam chain slots at front when timing it up and check the top chain guide as they tend to wear and that's a gearbox out job. :(

Once the head is off ,whip out the valves pop off old stem seals fit new and hey presto.. :mrgreen:

since your that far down it might as well have the sump off to drop out pistons to check the rings,when re-installing the rings you might have to modify your piston ring compressor to compensate for the angle of the block...you'll see :lol:

But with you pops and the book no probs 8)

No idea about the fuel additive!!

I suppose all you can do is stick the car on the rollers and see if it gives anywhere near factory power. If it's way down and all the sensors are OK, then the bores are worn. If it is giving good power, then it's just the valve stems/seals. A leak-down and or compression test would give you another idea too.

K

Thats why I'm not sure I have bore wear mate..... 192bhp from factory standard engine is hardly an indication of bore wear is it?

No idea about the fuel additive!!

I suppose all you can do is stick the car on the rollers and see if it gives anywhere near factory power. If it's way down and all the sensors are OK, then the bores are worn. If it is giving good power, then it's just the valve stems/seals. A leak-down and or compression test would give you another idea too.

K

Thats why I'm not sure I have bore wear mate..... 192bhp from factory standard engine is hardly an indication of bore wear is it?

You'll never know for sure until you take it apart :wink:

I know mate... I know....

Its coming apart ASAP - just need to get a couple of races (RC Racing) out of the way then I'll be ready.

What compression should a standard VR give?

How will I be able to tell if have bore wear?

Cheers

Scott