slim_crx

g60 running very rich

well hello all, over here in northern ireland and was up for the mot, well the co on idle is through the roof, is ther anything on the throttle body to srew it down or anything, or is it a remapping job! any help would be great

Check your vac hose to the ECU is securely connected to the correct pipe on the throttle valve, and that it is not split etc. Before you can adjust the CO% level at the potentiometer you will need to follow the correct procedure to then in turn allow adjustment. Furthermore you will require an exhaust has analyser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o ok, i had the throttle valve off before and all the pipes seemed ok, ok and how do i do that, what all do i need to do, ive a exhaust gas analyser at work so will be able to get it right with that

Get the engine to 80 degrees oil temp. Unplug the blue ECU temp sensor plug. Remove the cam cover breather hose from the boost return pipe, and angle it away from boost return connection. Rev the engine three times, each time in excess of 3000 rpm. Connect analyser. Adjust CO% and idle to allow correct settings. When done rev engine once above 3000 rpm and re-connect plugs and hoses.

My pleasure fella, good luck.

Regards, John JMR

so in work here and put the gas analyser on and its not over the limit no more, was sitting at around 1.50 and i turned it down to 1.00, what should i set it to! also on the day of my mot i had the car out at a boys doing some work and he disconnected the battery and couldnt get it started after and when i went out it was very hard to start, took ages, could hav been flooded, would this have had anything to do with it saying it was running rich! ive a air/fuel ratio gauge on car and it was showing it was fine at mot so dont know why it was so high, but all seems ok now, do i bring it up to mot or do yous guys have any ideas

When you used the analyser the blue sensor was disconnected? A faulty sensor can make the ECU think the engine is cold when its not & overfuel your engine. Did you check with the analyser after you had set the CO & reconnected the blue sensor?

A faulty sensor could also make starting difficult with very rich mixture.