KIRAN VRT

Corrado vr6 turbo gt35 - pics and vids up, more to follow.......

damn thats what i call tight lol that looks wkd mate, they must stop you dead in your tracks lol

i think i will be ok on my 8 pots then considering they use 330mm discs but i will deffo look into this more before using up yet another pay cheque lol

and 30mm spaces??? DAMN ...how wide was the front track after the spacers, any rubbing issues?

either way mate hats off to you

It's all not tested on the road yet. Arches need to be pulled out because wheels stick a bit but different wheels should clear much better but I like zw1 on a rado. There is still handling question but as many says, you won't try you won't know.

Good brake setup is from leon cupra, 4pots + 323mm disc, not to expensive and works very well.

I know its going to be a bit loud but screw it you only live once and its the best thing for reducing my back pressure so why not lol

what 4 pots you running mate?

Good choice pal, im looking forward to putting my nicely crafted SS beauty on soon too - just need it out of the paint shop!!

Brakes are: Seat 323s with Aston Martin DB9 4 pots. Fairly snug under 17X8 OZ super Ts. Im yet to give them a proper 'run' but my mate has same calis with BMW 320(?)mm discs & can not make them fade.... his car is heavy compared to ours too!

---------- Post added at 1:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:11 PM ----------

Well I never considered k-sport, they might fit, no idea. The biggest brakes you can fit under 17" are porsche cayenne 6 pot front calipers + golf mk4 r32 334mm front disc. Clearance is just 1mm on my rhzw1 wheels but you need 30mm spacers. I believe that flat wheels like some BBS cleat them better. There is more pictures in my build thread.

brembo6pot1.jpg

jeeeezus!! how much vaseline was needed to squeeze them bad boys in??

jeeeezus!! how much vaseline was needed to squeeze them bad boys in??

They fit just with around 1mm clearance, its enough but wheel balance weights cant be stick inside alloy barrel as you won't turn the wheel then. Should fit the within next couple of months and will see how everything goes.

Your ears will bleed with a straight through system. I had a one box system and it was too loud. Went to two box 3in with CAT in place and it made next to no difference in power and stopped the awful smell too.

Regarding the brakes biggest is not always best either. Again on my old VR there was Willwood 6 pots on 312 discs and I did two trackdays with no issue at all once decent pads were used. These are thin calipers and would allow 16in wheels use. I could even fit a beetle steel 16in with 15mm spacer on. They will have a lot lower unspring weight as well unlike the massive Porsche calipers or other 8pots. Im loving the car already and all these littel touches are what would make it. http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=562_588&products_id=15130&osCsid=qo6q3m1d9pek2olk9iaopcnvj5

The evo crowd seem to be able to run 8 pots on a 17 inch wheel ok. I've read mixed reviews on ksports but a lot of time attack cars seem to run them without issue. Considering some 6 pot k sports myself as the price of brembos are rediculous now compared to what they used to be.

A lot of it depends on wheel clearance and caliper size. I ran AP Racing 4 pots with 330mm discs and there was acres of space behind Team Dynamics ProRace 1 7x17 and Compomotive MO5 8x17. I could easily have run 340mm discs as the AP 4 pots are quite compact. In fact, they are so compact the same 330mm kit fits behind 7.5x16 Comp MO5s.

I'll tell you something for nothing, you bloody need them with twice the factory power!

A lot of it depends on wheel clearance and caliper size. I ran AP Racing 4 pots with 330mm discs and there was acres of space behind Team Dynamics ProRace 1 7x17 and Compomotive MO5 8x17. I could easily have run 340mm discs as the AP 4 pots are quite compact. In fact, they are so compact the same 330mm kit fits behind 7.5x16 Comp MO5s.

I'll tell you something for nothing, you bloody need them with twice the factory power!

mate i fully agree with you there, the way i see it as well the k-sport ones whould be fine, i want to go 8 pot simply as the kit has 330mm discs x 32mm and apparently fits under 17's and the 6 pots are 304 x 28mm or something like that, but the price difference is 15 pounds???????? so why not go 8 pots. All i know is braking is more important than power figures, trust me i learnt the hard way lol!

---------- Post added at 9:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:42 AM ----------

oh btw lads I'm picking my car up from the exhaust shop today and i think you will all be pleasantly surprised as I have chosen the exhaust for power and some how I'm still maintaining the looks, (don't worry no stupid jap cans lol) ....... pics to be uploaded soon enough

Another thing I learned about the k sports is don't go with their own pads go for a different pad I.e ds2500.

Have you found the cost of replacement discs for the kit? I think they're quite high but never been able to find out for sure.

Another thing I learned about the k sports is don't go with their own pads go for a different pad I.e ds2500.

Have you found the cost of replacement discs for the kit? I think they're quite high but never been able to find out for sure.

mate i'm with you on the pads, feroda ds2500 are the best for my needs as far as i'm concerned and no I haven't looked into replacement discs but what ever the cost is i will need them at some stage and given the money saved in buying a kit, i don't mind the discs being a lil pricey lol.

---------- Post added at 3:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:15 PM ----------

Right lads, got back from the exhaust shop yesterday,it might not be every ones cup of tea but I like it and I built this car for me not you lol

feed back welcome

b2fc1b69.jpg

f027bfd7.jpg

this is how everyone will see my car,but heres the truth of the matter lol

50cda0e6.jpg

3a88b36d.jpg

side exit is the way forward lads, who says you cant have styling and performance

9da118b7.jpg

fb4d4ab8.jpg

57ec356c.jpg

7d11cf50.jpg

89443a8b.jpg

will update with down pipe pics and screamer pipe pics tomorrow.

what do you think?

So you have a fake one at the back and the side exit? If it were me going side exit I would gone for a flat rectangular design. Round just doesnt look right IMO. It must insanely loud as well.

yea i went with a fake on the rear and a side exit, i don't care about how loud it is, but i tried a rectangle one but as its side exit, a rectangle is too restrictive and it would need to be massive to achieve the same performance

What are you basing that on? Surely if it had the same flow area it wouldnt matter what design the end piece is. Theres guys on here that have had 2.5in systems with 3 boxes and 400bhp+ which believe me is more than enough. Whats the target power?

I'm aiming for 400whp

And i dont want to disturb the flow of the exhaust by changing its path, either way did it to be safer than sorry

i like the side exit! but would of deffinalty had the bumper cut out smoothed rather then maken up a fake exhaust + its extra weight ,

Hey mate thanks

Theres not really much weight with a fake tail pipe with no actual back box

---------- Post added at 1:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:20 AM ----------

Plus kept it looking normal for less attention from the feds lol

Plus i guess i technically have 0 emissions from the rear tail pipe lol

Well well well

Its been 6 months and not 1 update lol

Apologies, but good news is that there has been tremendous progress and i'm nearly ready to send my rado to the mappers!!!!

I'm going to do a massive update over the weekend with pics, btw garrett gt35 with 1.06 exhaust housing was a must for me lol

Well its my bday, managed to rent a garage and ive just finished up at the garage so thought seeing as i cant be bothered to update the thread properly, i will just do a few pics

3D5D66AF-3EFD-4CB5-8C62-C287D57336DF-5486-0000029C98BE43A5.jpg

EE9D41FE-B72A-4094-A2BF-9ECA6BDC1CE8-5486-0000029C8B03A4A9.jpg

AE83F7FE-6DBE-48D4-A968-086C9E6D3AB8-5486-0000029D2C96534B.jpg

2AD38354-2AA0-435C-8D7B-C2C8E49E6B5C-5486-0000029D244BFC85.jpg

DE415190-C587-421F-A936-F7FA82657D6A-5486-0000029D191704BC.jpg

AB45E8A6-BFAD-42D0-94A3-6B08F2C51B8F-5486-0000029D4DEB8E41.jpg

680C40B1-DB5D-4ED2-9A4E-9B640BC77F85-5486-0000029D4084D6FC.jpg

DD83E849-F995-4C30-92EF-E95369232512-5486-0000029D05145640.jpg

I did fab up my gen 2 ford coilpack as now running emerald as mega squirt is long!!! But forgot to take a pic

34B0D078-0006-4EE6-A7D3-1161E0A09957-5486-0000029CC892F839.jpg

520FDC94-D2EC-45DB-BB7F-14850C3A5086-5486-0000029CE532CC36.jpg

New gaz shocks and eibach camber bolts

C521E769-543A-4068-A960-359563FB45D8-5486-0000029CDAB069D8.jpg

For now have chucked my stock wheels on with 20mm spacers until my tt comps have tyres

2C6D8013-19E7-4EB6-A684-7837836F5F75-5486-000002A19825AE12.jpg

Any comments or questions just let me know cheers

Car will be done in 10days then mapping, woohoo, pretty much 1 year ago i started this project, cant wait

Excellent work sir! Where did you get the SPA manifold from and what was the damage? (PM if you prefer not to discuss costs here...)

Oh, and where are you planning to get the mapping done?

Mark

Hi mark,

Cheers for the feedback

Well its a bit of a sore spot but i had to order the spa manifold from the states from ultrarevs , ended uP costing near 500 dollars Inc delivery and customs, but i wouldnt recommend them as they are rude and they lie lol

R u doing a vrt build too?

Oh and regarding the mapping, im using track and road in essex because stealth racing turned me away as i have a side exit exhaust and screamer pipe! Not one other company out the has a prob with this??? But oh well their loss

Edited by KIRAN VRT

Cheers mate

Turbo is the way forward

After its all running i can see a 4wd conversion coming mayb for the end of 2013 lol who knows?

Hi mark,

Cheers for the feedback

Well its a bit of a sore spot but i had to order the spa manifold from the states from ultrarevs , ended uP costing near 500 dollars Inc delivery and customs, but i wouldnt recommend them as they are rude and they lie lol

R u doing a vrt build too?

Oh and regarding the mapping, im using track and road in essex because stealth racing turned me away as i have a side exit exhaust and screamer pipe! Not one other company out the has a prob with this??? But oh well their loss

Slowly but surely getting my VRT there - still collecting parts at the moment. I'm trying to do it on a piece-meal basis so that the wife doesn't catch me, lol! Next big purchase will be the manifold, hence my question... I'm thinking of giving the whole lot to Vince to build and map, but also heard good things about Dave Walker at Emerald and I thought I'd read you were using one of their ECUs so I wondered if you'd thought of going with them? What took you to Track and Road in the end?

Mark