timmaaah

Need some help to get my VR back on the road

Hi all - long time no see.

What with one thing and another, my '94 VR hasn't been started in over a year, and not been driven for longer than that. I'm now in a position to (hopefully) get her back on the road.

When she was laid up, she needed (and still will) a clutch (that is in hand). I thought I'd just jump start her to check everything else is ok. All I can hear is a click noise from the engine bay, but she won't turn over - the revs drop on the car doing the jumping, but that is all. Any ideas? Anybody near me want to give me a hand?

The dash lights up correctly - the lights work etc, so power is getting through. I really would like to get the old girl running again. I've managed to keep her through some tough times and can now get her sorted.

Any pointers/suggestions/offers of help would really be appreciated. It's a bit fiddly to work on as I have no garage, and it's cold in the evenings, but hey ho :o I really want to get her back up and running again.

All the best

Tim

The clicking could be the starter motor trying to engage. The starter is on the front right of the engine, down where the battery sits - could be where the clicking is coming from. Could try tapping it with a hammer. Does the car stall when you try to jump it?

Have you had the engine running?

I had this clicking and it was a duff battery. Craig also had this issue till I jump started him. When he called me and said my car won't start and its clicking.... I thought it was the battery and it was. You can still have lights working etc but there might be not enought power to make her start..

If not then definately starter motor but if it didn't jump start then it's definately the battery.

Definitely sounds like a duff battery. Maybe give the battery a good charge overnight?

I had this issue only the other day, mine had been laid up for 6 months